Author Topic: Wiring IEC C13 connector to MP5?  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Guyblat

• Confirmed
Wiring IEC C13 connector to MP5?
« on: October 17, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »
Hi,

I have a MP5 (Pictured) with a BLACK & red wire that needs the IEC C13 connector (Pictured) with N(neutral) E (earth) and L (live).
I'm confused because the 48V 20ah LiFePo4 battery (Pictured) I got from China has GREEN & red wires.

How to wire?
Please only respond if you are SURE, because I don't want to wire it backwards and damage something.
Help!
Guy

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Wiring IEC C13 connector to MP5?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 11:50:14 PM »
Hi Guy,

If the Red and Green battery wires are not marked (+) and (-) you will need to check the voltage on the battery connector pins to determine which pin is positive (+) and which pin is negative (-) using a multimeter:

Please Note: Your battery may not use the same two pins (or have the same polarity) as the diagram above.

On the MP5 battery cable the red wire is positive (+) and the Black wire is negative (-) and these will need to be connected to the corresponding pins in the connector.
To avoid and confusion with the orientation of the plug and socket, it might be better to plug the open half of the controller connector into the battery connector and then measure the battery polarity on the controller plug connections.

You will obviously need to unplug them again to safely connect the Red and Black controller wires once you have determined the correct polarity.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:23:10 PM by Bikemad »