General Category > General Discussions

Poll Question: Do you think e-bikes should be licensed?

<< < (2/7) > >>

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER:
Yes I agree with you!

I hope they don't introduce those stupids laws over here.

Most people says E bike are for grannies and grandpa's o well they are just jealous.
And they look stupid when a young guy (me) riding a bike with a helmet haha ;D

OzGeeksGarage:
I was watching one of the "real life" New Zealand police shows in which an officer pulled up a guy who was riding a E-Bike because he noticed him not pedaling and doing 40kph, apparently the law there is 20kph limit. It looked like a Magic pie style conversion, the guy had it because he lost his licence, didn't say why. He was wearing a helmet and reflective vest, had all the right gear, riding safely, he was nice in manner talking to the cop and he pointed out that a normal bike could do over 20kph pedaling, but the cop still booked him for driving a vehicle without a licence and I think for an unlicensed vehicle.

GM Canada:
PLEASE EVERYONE!

If you have not voted yet please follow this link and vote NO!

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/02/28/star-editorial-e-bikes-dont-belong-on-trails-and-pathways/

Gary

vptech:
thanks for the post Gary.  I posted on ES

Lollandster:
Interesting reading. Here in Norway we follow the EU legislations (even though we aren't a part of EU). As you might now EU requires you to pedal and not have engine power above 20km/h. I have always been jealous of you Americans who can cruise around at 32 km/h without pedaling. But after reading this I'm starting to think the EU rules maybe helping the e-bike movement more than hurting it. You have to know what to look for to spot a normal European e-bike amongst regular bikes, and before you know it you might have to look hard to spot a regular bike amongst electric ones. It can be very hard to identify a bike as electric and therefor I don't think they will make distinctions between them any time soon.

Six meters wide pathways? I don't think I've ever seen that. Most roads made for cars around here are less than six meters wide, pathways are usually less than two meters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version