Author Topic: Parts or dimension needed  (Read 30827 times)

Offline Chris Angel

Re: Parts or dimension needed
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 12:01:20 AM »
Can the OP post a pic of the part (bush) with a big red arrow pointing at it so I measure the right bit and get it right the first time .
Im going into the bike shop tomorrow to look at how things are going,  Im pretty sure nothing has happened.  An im going to have to rim this hub by myself.

I don't have a vernia caliper or a micrometer but I'll do something either in 12 hours from now or 24, depending on whether he can get this 700cc rim on my hub.

Thanks again for this. I can't send you a photo until the end of the week when I will be able to access a motor.
It is a sleeve around the axle that protrudes several millimeters outside the motor cover. They are used on both sides of the motor, I am after the wire side bushing dimensions in case the other side is a different length. Earlier versions were bronze.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 03:06:50 AM »
Quote from: Chris Angel link
It is a sleeve around the axle that protrudes several millimeters outside the motor cover. They are used on both sides of the motor, I am after the wire side bushing dimensions in case the other side is a different length. Earlier versions were bronze.

Yep..

Bike shop dude hasnt done the wheel yet but im getting it done tomorrow.

He has a caliper too so I can get this done for you latest 30 hours time..

I found some journal pics when I fixed some fudged wires,

Like this????

Bring it on

Offline Lanchon

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 04:53:17 AM »
> if one or two they are gone remember the fets they came off of as this may give you more of a clue as to which ones are blown.

good advice. just desolder one end of the pair to test which component is at fault.

> I am after the wire side bushing dimensions in case the other side is a different length.

I've read GM hubs come with all sorts of problems in these bushings. some are short and don't protrude out of the hub while others are ridiculously long. many people just use some kind of piece tube instead. don't worry about the "standard" length, these are apparently hand made and all very different. IMHO the important things are that the inner surface is flat so that it distributes the inward force evenly and the length matches your build requirements.

Offline Spacelander 1946

• Confirmed
    • Home Page
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 05:16:02 AM »
Hey BioHman, in your posted pic's (Sept. 28) can you point out the mosfets in the GM controller for me? I'm still confussed if the are located in the controller or BMS unit?........Cheers
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:22:15 AM by Spacelander 1946 »
Rue de Morgue: www.suicidegirls.com

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »
I'm still confussed if the are located in the controller or BMS unit?........Cheers

Done...  :D

BTW the BMS (Balance Monitoring System) are for Lifepo4 and new chemistry batteries and the controller is called a BLDC, (BrushLess Direct Current) motor controller.

This will help a little.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:24:35 AM by Smeee »

Bring it on

Offline Lanchon

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 10:31:24 AM »
> I'm still confussed if the are located in the controller or BMS unit?

common BMS'es also have FETs but people here usually refer to the controller FETs.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 12:00:20 PM »
OK, so the Mosfets are locaterd where?.....in the hub motor or in the BMS unit? & can they burn out with regn braking mode?...Cheers

I thought I detected a little more confusion in this post so just incase I thought I'd set things straight.  All these acronyms at first glance can confuse the hell out of anyone.

Yes the ones used in BMS's are used as a regulator and the one in controller is used for signal amplfiers for PWM.

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 09:15:50 AM »
Ok the parts dimension.  I'm sick of pulling this thing apart and to be honest Lanchon nailed it, the two hubs I own differ and you want your hub to be the full wide regardless of how long mine is.. the diameter of the bush is most improtant and it is 15mm, convert that to inches but mm are better.  Mine protrudes from the outer housing of the hub 6.1 mm..  I would improvise that depending on the other side of your hub. Make the sum length of the axel two washers smaller than the width of your rear forks or front forks..

Bring it on

Offline Chris Angel

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »
Ok the parts dimension.  I'm sick of pulling this thing apart and to be honest Lanchon nailed it, the two hubs I own differ and you want your hub to be the full wide regardless of how long mine is.. the diameter of the bush is most improtant and it is 15mm, convert that to inches but mm are better.  Mine protrudes from the outer housing of the hub 6.1 mm..  I would improvise that depending on the other side of your hub. Make the sum length of the axel two washers smaller than the width of your rear forks or front forks..

It looks different than in your photo but the location is correct and with the description of function given by you and Lanchon I am sure I can have a suitable replacement fabricated as it would seem a few thousanth's of an inch won't make a difference.
I am tempted instead to send the unit back if Visa will refund just because I am so tired of the disgraceful performance of Golden previously described.
My objective in dealing with Golden among others was to work with a reliable vendor and if the results warrant, purchase product in resale quantities. Someone from Halifax mentioned something similar, he had been planninng to invest around 250K in product. Golden obviously isn't up to the task and you were right to purchase through a reseller who will support the product even if Phil won't. Thanks again for your help.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »

I am tempted instead to send the unit back if Visa will refund just because I am so tired of the disgraceful performance of Golden previously described.
My objective in dealing with Golden among others was to work with a reliable vendor and if the results warrant, purchase product in resale quantities. Someone from Halifax mentioned something similar, he had been planninng to invest around 250K in product. Golden obviously isn't up to the task and you were right to purchase through a reseller who will support the product even if Phil won't. Thanks again for your help.

With all your asking and I did try to pull the motor apart at the shop for you, almost fudged my windings, one or two electro magents got a little seperated with their damned screw drivers and I bought a vernia caliper for this.

The bike shop guy failed to rim the hub with the eyelet type 700cc rim because he tried to drill the eyelets out to fit the 12 gauge nipples with a bench drill and he spun the eyelets lose, fudged the rim.  I told him to use a round file.  And he was talking to me about taking my time with this stuff.  I hung around that stupid shop on and off  for a week waiting for him to wreck a rim  TAKE MY TIME?.  Shesh!

You better repair it.  :-[  Please!  ;)

^
Joke..

lol its all good.  You have more problems than me maybe.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:05:16 PM by Smeee »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »
Here yar

Best answer?

Bring it on