Author Topic: motor  (Read 20262 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: motor
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42:14 AM »
If the problem is related to a hall sensor failure then it might not be related to overload.  Those little hall sensors can go anytime. Even the manufacturers have a disclaimer written in the data sheets.

http://www.honeywell-sensor.com.cn/prodinfo/magnetic_position/installation/p88781_2.pdfThese products are NOT suitable for protection
against personal injury.
To AVOID personal injury or death, DO NOT
USE these products as emergency stop or safety
devices, or in any other application where human
safety is at risk.

Hall sensors in 3 phase brushless motors are not for protection against personal injury, but the warning does shed some light on why they sometimes fail.

I am contemplating buying 2 of these mini motors one for the daughters bike and a spare.

Not being able to run sensorless is a bummer. Isn’t the free wheel lock and gears outside the realm of motor former and controller.

The only thing that I can relate this problem BikeMad has suggested might exist with mini-motors is the lower current requirements and the magic controller.  

My controller I am using ATM is rated at 72v@40amps and mod for 48v.  This 40amp thing is more than my HBS36R will draw, I first my sensorless controller to my hub it ran like a noisy unreliable pig.  Refusing to take off from 0 start almost 50% of the time.  I opened the controller and cut one of the two 20 amp shunt pipes and viola,  The bike never fails to take off.  Simply matching the current requirement allowed through the controller with motor improved things massively.  It’s a little sluggish on take offs, but I relate this to it being a native 72v controller running at 48v. FET gate charge biasing have not been modded and isn’t too hair triggered I think.

And/Or

I was told my controller would not work sensorless on "geared hubs" as it is a problem with digital controllers and MCU clock frequencies unable to provide bandwidth for the sensorless 3 phase phase drive signals from faster RPM geared motors.

Simply put, analogue controller and analogue sensorless integration would be worth a look with geared motors.  Or upgrade to a bigger MCU with clock frequencies exceeding 50MhZ.

The latter has been discussed also at endless sphere forums..

Large cooling units or active cooling methods may provide opportunities for one to overclock MCU strobe freq, however this may be may be limited by memory performance.  I cant say without looking into the CPU and memory bus config of the magic controller.  

(edit:)

"Adding a cooler to an MCU and proving more voltage (>10mV) and faster clock gen will give better MCU performance."

I do plan on making my own controller in the next few years but I want it to be analogue.  It said that analogue controllers need to populate more components than digital but not if you break down an MCU into its basics components.

Advantage of a digital controller is that a single MCU can replace many components and software replaces adjustability endlessly and this from a manufactures stand point is too valuable. However EV tech parameters are IMO usually refined compared to a lot of applications.  A DIY controller is not really a viable and cheap project, but to an avid enthusiast like myself an awesome thing to learn how to engineer.  

Their isn’t that much that cant be changed with a few trim pots etc., and if anything one could just omit sensor logic and do this analogue and get fet switching speed to do just this.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:10:08 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »
worked an hour after the engine again and spend two beeps, I received a reply tom, going to solve my problem as soon as possible, I hope to be a happy customer

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 01:38:46 AM »
I removed the driver and I opened, I cleaned up the inside with alcohol, seemed to have traces of sulfate or water, I'll leave it on overnight to dry thoroughly and comment tomorrow amount

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 02:07:36 AM »
I'm doing this without any help from Tom, I think it should help those who have problems, I am a customer sad, another brand and seek more reliable and better technical support in the future

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »
nothing stays the same, I have not yet received any news tom

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 01:33:48 PM »
I would like to know which is the time it takes in responding tom

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »
because it takes so long to respond. Tom. discomfort with this situation

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
they should solve my problem. The kit is under warranty and should replace the defective part

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »
I think that there are 2 people who answer to e-mails.
Also stated on yao s msn he's in England.
And tom is the only one who now answers to e-mails.
Imagion gettin 200 email an hour and you're the only-one that can answer them.
Pations is the key for some good reply. As I am also waiting on my warranty request.

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »
200 email hours.this mean that everything they sell is defective

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »
haha, just my estimation:D

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 12:36:56 AM »
And, by they way, 3 days is not a long time when you are dealing with someone
overseas.  You posted a lot of times, probably emailed a lot of times too.

If you are going to be impatient like this, then you may well be better
off dealing with a company that spends all your purchase on customer
service instead of one that spends it on R&D.

Comparable equipment is available for about 4 times the price from the
name brand manufacturers.

Just my opinion, probably worth what you paid me for it.

Offline perdigon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 02:43:24 PM »
Today I finally opened the motor
with water inside
I have cleaned with gasoline
see if it works
I do not know how water has gotten, I think lack of retention in motor
thanks for the assistance

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER and -N E V E R- use gasoline to clean your motor!!!

You can melt the inslulation of the wires and other things!!!

For any electronic devices you must use Isopropyl Alcohol!!!

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 07:01:56 AM »
Bump!  :-[

Like test the polarity of a battery charger these are things we all learn.

We need to take some patients all of us here.

In reality this technology to install on a bike has quite a learning curb.  But things usually will turn out fine.  Its never as bad as it seems.

He feels he going to be ripped off.  I do disagree with perdigon suspecting GM to be blatant for doing something wrong but I see GM though slow can be very focussed on dealing with the few issues that arise with trying to deal with the public.

GM is a company giving the EV industry a serious go while there are competitors triceteen as capable, they see no future where there is plenty.

One thing that could be understood is the reality of the ebike has become as important as a car in some peoples life.

Even though Peridgon has gone a bit font happy in the forum here he might not feel safe dealing with such things online.

To Peridgon.

So what.  We get it.  Welcome to the internet,  Sometimes a humble bump can get replies and much support from the community here.  

GM are being transparent by providing a forum please don't abuse this and be a little patient. They listen to their customers and offer what they want with a lot of extra creativity.

Remember you haven't been banned and your complaint has been lodged, we the GM community have given this good attention, yet and again I beg you to respect this.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:04:03 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on