Author Topic: Max. voltage level from the motor in regen mode Magic Controller BAC-028  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Lkiss10

• Confirmed
Hello,

Do you know, what is the max. voltage level from the motor in regen mode, what Magic Controller BAC-028 can tolerate?
The regen can charge the battery only if the voltage picks from the motor (not the effective voltage) are higher, than the battery voltage level. Is it correct? My motor max. voltage is 90V (but usually 50 - 60V), and I plan to use it for the 36V battery charging through the Magic Controller and a BMS.

Thanks

Laszlo

Offline Lkiss10

• Confirmed
Re: Max. voltage level from the motor in regen mode Magic Controller BAC-028
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »
Hi,

I have disassembled the conroller, and the FETs are 75V, some big condesators are 63V. So I have changed the winding of my motor, and now the max. voltage from the motor to the controller is 45V (32V eff.)

I have done a test. I changed the controller voltage to 36V, and attached a labor powersupply with 36V. I started to drive the motor with an external tool to work as generator, activated the brake, and the output voltage of the controller went up the 58,8V DC and was stable independetly from the rpm. I change the controller voltage level to 24V and the result is the same. So the controller converts up the generated voltage to a stable 58,8V DC, what is good, because then the motor voltage does not have to be higher, then the battery.

The only question is, which BMS can accept 58V? Probably I will change the system voltage level to 44V (LiPo 12s) and try out the BMS below. I could not really find any data regarding the allowed input voltage. I will ask the supplier after their Spring Festival.
http://www.batterysupports.com/44v-48v-504v-12s-60a-12x-36v-lithium-ion-lipolymer-battery-bms-p-270.html

Laszlo