Author Topic: My topic talking about MP problem disappeard !!!  (Read 4582 times)

Offline gamewinner

My topic talking about MP problem disappeard !!!
« on: May 23, 2011, 01:16:03 PM »
Hi,

As you probably know my contoller died again and as usually no response from Tom.

I also saw today that my post on this forum has been erased....

The MP was on warranty. So Tom if you read this please send me a knew one !

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: My topic talking about MP problem disappeard !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:21:13 PM »
That's strange!

With all the bitching I did I don't think any of my threads were deleted?

I wouldn't bother with a new internal Magic Pie internal controller, it's not worth the hassle.

Get a infineon to match your batteries max continuous current, and some alpha eco wire 12 G and rip out that internal controller!

You will also need to get a throttle and ebrake as I'm not sure the GM ones will do!

You may need to request that the infineon be programmed for you including regen strength, or request that the cable be wired into the controller for you and program it yourself, it will be useful if you ever get a better battery or new motor!

Mark

Offline gamewinner

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:45:23 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

Infineon is a good controller but I am still on warranty. I prefer to have a new controller and this time I will not use the regen anymore...

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
Warranty is good, if you can get someone to reply to your email  >:(.....fingers crossed

However if you want to get your pie working after a month of no email, I agree with Scorpion, infineons and the Pie are the s$%T
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Magzy

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:45:56 AM »
You will also need to get a throttle and ebrake as I'm not sure the GM ones will do!

My GM throttle works ok on my Lyen Infineon Controller. (just need to marry up the wires but the voltage indicator doesn't work)
GM throttle is now starting to fall apart anyway and becomee sticky about 3/4 the way through the throttle range :o

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:53:45 AM »

My GM throttle works ok on my Lyen Infineon Controller. (just need to marry up the wires but the voltage indicator doesn't work)
GM throttle is now starting to fall apart anyway and becomee sticky about 3/4 the way through the throttle range :o

If its a thumb thottle it could be debris in there causing to jam a little. You could squirt some silicon spray or use put some machine oil in there to try and free it up.

If that doesn't work, then the wire inside that runs through the throttle is rubbing on one of the swivel legs of the thumb throttle, you might just have to move the cable inside a little to free it up

Cheers