Author Topic: Cruise Control Failure  (Read 3849 times)

Offline BSA

Cruise Control Failure
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »
I bought a Magic Pie kit with built in motor controller in April this year. After it was raining here a couple of weeks ago I got some problem with the 8-pole signal connector and the control interface signals. It was bad connection due to damp and oxidation in the connector I suppose. I tried to clean it with electronic cleaner fluid etc. but had still problems with the cruise control signal that wasn´t working. I then changed the connector to another more reliable type but I´m still having the same problem with the cruise control signal  :( Everything else work fine with all other control signals so I can run the bike as before. It´s only the cruise control signal that is not working anymore! I´ve measured the voltage to around 2V out at the cruise control and if you just put the finger between this signal to GND the voltage goes down to half or more so it seems very high impedive? I suppose the control interface should be around 5V or something? The button itself works fine and shorts the signal to GND.

I live in Sweden and work as an electronic engineer so I can do many electronic repair jobs by myself. I just wonder if it´s possible to get some information about this signal interface? If somebody now anything about it? What the correct signal level is and what it could possibly be that is broken?  ???Some interface circuit or protection device or something? Everything else works fine as said earlier  ;) I´m planning to do the repair job this winter in a couple of months.

Greetings   BSA

Offline Ryan

• Confirmed
Re: Cruise Control Failure
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
Have you had any luck with this repair?  Did you get it working?  If so, how did you fix it?