Author Topic: MP Reverse  (Read 26367 times)

Offline Gapy

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: MP Reverse
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 07:02:17 AM »
Yes, my pie works fine in forward direction...
I noticed that one of the controller has yellow wire soldered to rx...
Did anyone actualy have luck in reversing the MP by grounding the "d" terminal? Do I need to ground "rx"?

Gapy
Rear GoldenMotor Magic Pie
External Infineon 12fet Lyen edition
48V 20Ah LiFePo4
top speed: 48.6km/h
range: 55km at full speed

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
All GM examples I've seen on the net the yellow phase wire is always in the centre of line both on the hall sensors and the phase wires.

Green pulls in one direction and Blue the other direction so yellow is the follower to either direction.

So My suggestion is to change blue and green on the phase and on the halls and leave yellow connected to yellow.

The question related to the Magic Pie, and mine is wired like this:

If you click the image to enlarge it, the colours of the hall sensor wires are more obvious.
(I did have to highlight the yellow one because it was a bit camera shy)

This is why I originally suggested swapping the Green and Yellow leads:

Have you tried connecting the Reverse connection to ground (0V) on the controller? This may select reverse if it's still enabled on the Pie's controller.

If you're going to swap phase wires instead, I would start by swapping the green and yellow phase wires first, but you will also need to swap the green and yellow hall sensor wires as well!

I gave the same advice a couple of months ago, following an email asking how to reverse the rotation on one of the Magic Pie's fitted to this hybrid car project:

Quote from: Hassan
We went for swaping the winding and hall sensor wires. It worked. Our problem has been solved. Thanks for your help.

So I therefore assumed my suggestion to transpose the Green and Yellow leads was correct.

Alan

LOL

SO I presume that the GM HBS motors and the Pie with its internal controllers are obviously not the same.  Does this apply to any Magic controller too with my and half the other GM hubs out there, Mine both were the same, yellow wire in the middle.

Actually this pie has been the first GM hub I've seen with the yellow on the outside, but my eyes don't see everything. 

I don't doubt you BM, you're advice is usually very accurate when concerning GM products,  Once I saw some order and now am seeing chaos considering the GM phase and hall wire colour standards.

Will I have to mess around with the hall and phase wires?  Things may of changed, oh well.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:54:07 PM by Bikemad »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 09:31:48 AM »
Yes, my pie works fine in forward direction...
I noticed that one of the controller has yellow wire soldered to rx...
Did anyone actualy have luck in reversing the MP by grounding the "d" terminal? Do I need to ground "rx"?

Gapy

rx is a data receive port.
tx is data transmission port.

I "believe" there is two levels of software access. Dont quote me on any of this.

One is for the low level programming the base programming of the controller.

And the other maybe for the user access level to the cmos settings.  Similar to a computer motherboard bios and cmos.  One is for the binary I/O system and the other cmos stores the settings.  This can be burnt on a EEPROM or held suspended in nvram and powered by an onboard battery.

Like when you change the setting of the Pie you are not accessing the raw level programming in the controller just the settings.

Possibly this D place on the PCB is for the settings.  I still don't own a GM magic controller, would be interesting to own an external Pie and play with this stuff..  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:51:46 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on