Author Topic: HPC500 96VDC FAILED  (Read 4370 times)

Offline EV1030

• Confirmed
HPC500 96VDC FAILED
« on: September 11, 2017, 06:27:20 PM »
GM first advised to use the VEC500 controller with the 10KW BLDC motor operating at 108VDC but the controller failed.  GM then advised that the VEC controllers can not be used for the 96VDC motors and would replace the controller with the HPC500 instead because it could operated at 118VDC without issues.  The motorcycle was modified to fit the larger controller and worked very well for awhile.  The controller operated without issue until it just stopped worked.  Two of the outputs are shorted and I would assume the capacitors are fried.  The question is since this HPC500 controller was the replacement for the VEC, does it have warranty?  The controller has about 38hrs on it and can be verified in the program.  I would really like to get another HPC controller to avoid any more modifications.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: HPC500 96VDC FAILED
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »
If it is still within 12 months of the original purchase date, I suggest you email Philip Yao (sales@goldenmotor.com) and ask if the replacement controller is covered under warranty.

If it is not covered by warranty, it might be possible to get it repaired rather than having to replace the entire unit.

Alan