Author Topic: nothing is ever simple!  (Read 5315 times)

Offline PaintingLoft.com

• Confirmed
    • my flickr page
nothing is ever simple!
« on: August 30, 2008, 06:29:32 AM »
I just got and charged my Foxx Power battery and now I realize that it doesn't plug into the wire I need it to plug into.  what is everyone else doing?  can someone put a pic up?  that would be the best as a lot of this electric lingo is a little over my head.

thanks in advance for any help.  this is a little frustrating. :(

Offline PaintingLoft.com

• Confirmed
    • my flickr page
Re: nothing is ever simple!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »

ok.  so the question is:  how do I get this attached to the stripped red and black battery hanging off my battery?  that is what I am suppose to do right? why wouldn't they just have those two wires end in a plug like this?  am I suppose to cut this off and solder the controler to the battery?  if so then the next time I charget the  battery the controler will still be attached.  I assume that is not good.  isit?

arg!!!

Offline PaintingLoft.com

• Confirmed
    • my flickr page
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:47:50 PM »
ok.. so I got this far plugged it in and NOTHING!  the battery meter is lit up but the throttle is doing nothing.  am I wired up wrong?  at this point I have no more ideas.

red to red, black to green and yellow?  is that right?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 05:49:34 PM by PaintingLoft.com »

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »
I bought the regen and the standard controller was shipped with the kit so I cut it off of the standard controller plug and soldered/heat shrank it on.  Everybody and their mother uses different plugs for everything in the world.  If I had not had the other matching plug I would likely have installed Anderson connectors as they are everywhere and of good quality.