Author Topic: PAS = Turbo?  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Rambler

• Confirmed
PAS = Turbo?
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:49:35 AM »
Ok, this is going to sound crazy.

I have a BMX type front sprocket on my ebike. This thing is only 4" in diameter. 

When I'm going FULL speed (25mph) IF I pedal my MP5 feels like it goes faster.

PLEASE note that there is NO WAY it's due to my actual "Pedaling". My legs just sort of spin due to no resistance. Yet the faster I pedal, the faster the motor "pushes me". I have done this multiple times. HILLS, FLATS, even Down Hills. It always seem to "turbo" me a bit.

I don't have a speedo so I can't prove it...YET.

Anyone else experience this?

Have a great ride!

Offline Largo

• Confirmed
Re: PAS = Turbo?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:00:28 AM »
  I am confused on this one also.  So the setting the PAS ratio has a .1 multiplier.  (for my setting of 30 )  One rpm on the crank gives you three rpm on the wheel.  But there is a lot of surge (power spike) and then no power making the PAS less then usable.  I was wondering what would happen if you changed the magnet number on your sensor?  Ebay here I come will grab a higher count magnet disk and give it a whirl.  Easier then putting a tiny crank on.
The other question that just begs to be figured out is what exactly are the PAS levels changing?  Are they based on speed, or power?  This is my first build where the PAS system is wonky and not worth even using.  Though my last build (ebay 1200W special ) had a habit of pushing you to 20mph in PAS 1.  It was like riding a rocket on takeoff.  Great on the open road nice and even but killed the battery in stop and go traffic.
Largo

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: PAS = Turbo?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:01:03 PM »
But there is a lot of surge (power spike) and then no power making the PAS less then usable.

Try reducing the Acceleration setting and see if it helps to reduce the power surges.

When I'm going FULL speed (25mph) IF I pedal my MP5 feels like it goes faster.

Do you have a pedelec sensor fitted to your bike as well as the throttle?

Alan