Author Topic: Width of Magic Pie rear Wheel ..  (Read 10004 times)

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Width of Magic Pie rear Wheel ..
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:41:12 AM »
 Hello , Please can you tell me what the width of the Magic Pie rear wheel is that comes in the kit ??? ...  I would like to try to put a wider tire on the rear of my Magic Pie bike.. It is the 7ooc kit and I have had it for about 6 months if that makes any difference in what wheel you were using at the time ..

I have been told it makes a difference as far how wide a tire you can get on the wheel which makes sense to me ..

Thanks again .. I am also looking to motorize the 26 inch bike I have . Are the kits you are selling now using setups that have the wheel centered in the frame or are they still offset like the first ones .thank You . Don J.

Offline windego

• Confirmed
Re: Width of Magic Pie rear Wheel ..
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »
I put a schwalbe big apple 2.35" on my 26in. Really good tire.

Stan

Offline Magneto81

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »
I just installed a new one this week and the wheel was centred quite nicely.

Offline diverdon

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »

Hello all .. I have seen that some have mounted quite wide tires on the 26 inch wheel/rim .. I am wondering and asking please can someone tell me how wide the 700 size wheel is or how wide a tire you have gotten on it ???
     Thanks  so much .... Don J.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:32:14 AM »

Hello all .. I have seen that some have mounted quite wide tires on the 26 inch wheel/rim .. I am wondering and asking please can someone tell me how wide the 700 size wheel is or how wide a tire you have gotten on it ???
     Thanks  so much .... Don J.

Hi Don

I believe it is the same as the 26 inch in width. Allthough the rim is marked 26/1.5 when I hold a tape to it, I get one inch. I was surprized when seeing a cast 20 inch wheel that it is wider at 1.5 inches. I have had people ask me if they can put a 3 inch wide tire on it and since I have a 2.125 on a one inch wide rim I would have to think a 3 inch would fit a 1.5 inch wide rim.

Gary

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 07:21:14 PM »
Hello , Please can you tell me what the width of the Magic Pie rear wheel is that comes in the kit ??? ...  I would like to try to put a wider tire on the rear of my Magic Pie bike.. It is the 7ooc kit and I have had it for about 6 months if that makes any difference in what wheel you were using at the time ..

I have been told it makes a difference as far how wide a tire you can get on the wheel which makes sense to me ..

Hello Don!

I have a 28 inch front wheel mini motor from GM and I measure the rim to 25 mm. On that rim I have a 44-635 tyre. I also have a Nirve chopper which I’m going to convert to an e-bike with a 3 inch wide tyre mounted on a 24 inch rim that I measure to 32 mm wide. However, when I’ll convert this with a Magic Pie I’ll change the rim to a Sun Ringle DoubleWide rim which is 46 mm wide. The 32 mm rim, even though it’s the original rim to that tyre, looks to narrow but that’s just my opinion.

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32:15 AM »
Heres a picture of my new solar powered digital vernier caliper in action (got to love princess auto).

1.00 Inches wide. Measured on a front MP rim marked at 26x 1.5 on the side of the rim. 700c is the same width.

Gary
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:37:50 AM by GM Canada »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
Heres a picture of my new solar powered digital vernier caliper in action (got to love princess auto).

1.00 Inches wide. Measured on a front MP rim marked at 26x 1.5 on the side of the rim. 700c is the same width.

Gary

1" ::) looks down  ;D

Whats that mean in this century.  LOL nice deep and slick, these rims are very strong Gary for there width.  The deep v wells make good strong wheels.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:48:32 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 02:41:53 AM »

1" ::) looks down  ;D

Whats that mean in this century.  LOL nice deep and slick, these rims are very strong Gary for there width.  The deep v wells make good strong wheels.

I guess for the rest of the world 1" = 2.54 cm. Does that make more sence?

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 01:45:01 AM »
Heres a picture of the width of the 20 inch Casted Pie.

1.57 inches wide or 3.98 cm wide.

Again I think if I can put a 2.125 wide tire on a 1 inch wide rim then logically I should be able to use at least 3 inch tire on a 1.5 inch wide rim.

Am I thinking correctly?

Gary

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:51:47 AM by GM Canada »