Author Topic: Magic Pie vsv Pedelec  (Read 11434 times)

Offline Wolga

• Confirmed
Magic Pie vsv Pedelec
« on: October 20, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »
Is ist possible to upgrade the actual "Magic Pie" with a pedelec-system ?

What kind of battery of your shop fits to "Magic Pie" ?

Why is the Air Shipping Fee:$115  if I buy a  "normal" kit  and the fee for "Magic Pie" is $150.00 USD ?

Kind Regards from Austria (Europe)
Wolfgang

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Re: Magic Pie vsv Pedelec
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »
Dear Wolfgang,

Magic Pie is much heavier. All our standard LiFePO4 packs fits to Magic Pie. I especially recommend the 48V12AH as the technology has stabilized.
You can install an external PAS system, it comes free for every european customer.

Offline Wolga

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:18:09 PM »
Thank you for the quick response !

What kind of "external Pedelec"-System do you mean, the same as you use for your "normal" controller ?

There is no selection for the pedelec in your "paypal-Magic Pie-DIY"-shop.

How is the Pedelec-System wired with the Magic Pie ?

What do you mean is the great benefit of Magic Pie ? No controllor box.
Is the elektronic in the wheel save for vibrations and bumps, how long does it work, do you think ?

What can I do if I have to repair the wheel because the controller doesnot work ?
Is it possible the replace the controller and use a conventional controller if its necessary ?

For me the system sounds good, but for me its a major investment and therefore I ve to check the all the capabilities.   ;)

Kind regards

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:28:52 PM by wolga »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 12:10:58 AM »

Hi Wolfgang,

I've tried to answer your questions as best I can:

What kind of "external Pedelec"-System do you mean, the same as you use for your "normal" controller ?
The pedelec device looks like the same one used for the "normal" controller:

There is no selection for the pedelec in your "paypal-Magic Pie-DIY"-shop.
Yao said "it comes free for every european customer", so presumably it will automatically be included, dependant upon the shipping address.

How is the Pedelec-System wired with the Magic Pie ?
Looks like it should simply plug into the main wiring harness using a three pin connector

What do you mean is the great benefit of Magic Pie ? No controllor box.
It's one less thing you would otherwise have to mount externally somewhere on the bike, and it should also be better protected from dirt and water etc. inside the hub

Is the elektronic in the wheel save for vibrations and bumps, how long does it work, do you think ?
The road shock should be no different to it being mounted on a rack or frame of a non suspension bike.
It is bolted directly directly to the stator, which to some extent will work as an inertia damper due to it's large mass.
The biggest drawback with it's internal location is the heat from the motor, but it is equipped with a thermal cutout which should hopefully protect it from damage

What can I do if I have to repair the wheel because the controller does not work ?
Presumably replacement controllers will be obtainable should they be needed, or you may be able to upgrade to a future version with more functions with additional wiring etc. at a later date.

Is it possible the replace the controller and use a conventional controller if its necessary ?
It is possible to to fit an external controller, but it would require major modifications to the wiring.
I suspect some customers are already planning to modify it, in an attempt to make it faster and more powerful.

Alan

Offline Wolga

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
Thanks a lot for the answers.

BUT !!   :o   ???

I've tried to buy the MAGIC PIE with PAYPAL this doesn't work for me, but why ??
After finishing the paypal-transaction  (310 USD 26" Magic Pie inkl. shipping), there is the message "I should change the paying methode or contact the customer-service".
My credit-card works for ebay-paypal buying, therefore it should also work for this deal.

Can anybody help me ?? I have taken a paypal-screenshot if this is necessary to reconstruct the order.

:(

I ve tried this BEFORE  09 10 21   00:00

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:50:32 AM by wolga »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:15:49 AM »
Wolfgang,

PayPal worked fine for me yesterday ordering from the UK.

I wonder if there is a maximum limit on funds paid in to a PayPal business account, as they probably had a lot of payments within a relatively short period of time yesterday. Just a thought.

Have you emailed their sale department: sales@goldenmotor.com?
or Yao: yaoyuan@goldenmotor.com.

Alan

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:13:31 PM by Yao Yuan »

Offline Wolga

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
Thank you for sending me the email adress of goldenmotor.

I try to contact them.
Maybe PAYPAL works today, because there is not so much paypal-goldenmotor "traffic", but today the price is up and so ....