Author Topic: Programmable Interface for BAC Cruise Controllers and Magic Pies  (Read 27355 times)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Programmable Interface for BAC Cruise Controllers and Magic Pies
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 11:48:02 PM »
how much will cost only the cable/SW and how to order only it.

We are still waiting to hear whether it will work with the older external controllers, but you can click this link to download the software now.

The interface cable is $33 plus $20 shipping and can be purchased from the Motor Controller section on the GM website.

Alan

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 03:50:39 AM »
how much will cost only the cable/SW and how to order only it.

We are still waiting to hear whether it will work with the older external controllers, but you can click this link to download the software now.

The interface cable is $33 plus $20 shipping and can be purchased from the Motor Controller section on the GM website.

Alan

$33 + $20 shipping is an OK all round price for the whole shabang.  This adds to $53 extra to get involved with the interface.  Compared to hardware version programmer for just setting up the controller its perfect solution.  Easy access to the valid parameters and functions.  No programming skills
are needed.

Can this cord not just change presets but flash the chip for future "free" upgrades to software?

I do envisage much future here.

You will be able download preset configs for various motors and being able to add new and change programming will allow much for those who have older versions of software.

Even the software can have a drop down menu for GM recommended preset configuration for each motor and its wheel size, and battery volatge and capacity.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:54:16 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline sdaniels

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 07:23:46 AM »
Hello
I ordered a Magic Pie on 8. of March 2010. Does anyone know if I can find out if it is one which can be programmed with the interface cable or if it is the old controller? By the way, if it is the old controller how did GM configure the 36 or 48 volts?

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 04:31:38 PM »

With model aircraft the voltage is detected at startup to
determine the appropriate cutoff.

This may be how these controllers work too.

According to what I have read here, the smaller
yellow wire in the harness will be open on the
old style Magic Pies.  I imagine that there is a
pulldown resister on the circuitry for the newer one
so you should get some high but not infinite
resistance between yellow and ground.

Anyone able to confirm this?

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 08:01:51 AM »
The MagicPie delivered in March does not support programming. We started shipping programmable controller in May.

By default, the MagicPie or external cruise controller accepts versatile voltages from 24V to 60V. Programming a voltage is useful for low voltage cut-off to protect low battery.