Author Topic: Magic Pie 20/10/2009  (Read 37890 times)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Magic Pie 20/10/2009
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:21:14 AM »
Dear members,

Magic Pie kit will be available for purchase on the 20th October 2009 for a price of 290.00USD (no shipping)
On this very special day, a introductory price of 160.00USD (excluding shipping) will be implemented for 24hours.
For this 24hours, the Magic Pie kit will be priced at 160.00USD.
Do not worry about GMT time zones because 24hours of promotion period will offer you at least 12 hours of daylight.
Regular members of this forum are expected to write a review, and in exchange you will be able to get 5% off the next buy.
For more information or details, please visit: MP Features
For a video demo, please visit: Video

Thank You,
Yao Yuan
GoldenMotor

Saving the planet.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:29:25 AM by Yao Yuan »

Offline ccbreder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Magic Pie 20/10/2009
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »
Nice photos on the site. It looks like the axils are round. How is the torque controlled?

Offline Hyena

• Confirmed
  • E-bike maniac
    • Hyena Industries: performance ebikes
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 11:42:22 PM »
Yes I noticed that too. I would have thought with the extra torque of the MP and with the added stresses of regen braking you'd want to do everything you can to prevent axles spinning in the drop outs.

In the kevin netherlands Magic Pie thread though it shows the flat sided axles like the old motors. Is this another difference these '1st day' motors will have Yao ? Flat sided axles and old style wiring connectors ?

Also can you give us an indication of the shipping prices for 1 or multiple motors by sea ?
I've been rallying interest in the MPs and have rounded up a few people here in Australia who are keen to grab one if a good deal can be had by combining shipping. GM is giving us a good deal on the motors but it hurts having to pay almost the same again in shipping, and it's dead money to both of us.

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 01:11:00 AM »
You can sea ship it. Dirt cheap.
The axles are new. Wiring connectors for kevin were old because the new wiring hasn't been manufactured when we shipped it to kevin, if he want's the new one we can just ship another set to him. For shipping quotes, you need to contact TOM personally.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Magic Pie Question Paper
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:04:47 PM »
Paper 1 part A (15 minutes)

Question 1 (5 points)
What does "160.00USD (no shipping)" actually mean?

A) Magic Pie cannot be shipped.
B) Shipping will be free of charge.
C) Shipping costs are not included in the price.

Question 2 (5 points)
Do all the Magic Pies have flats on the axles like Kevin's motor?

A) Yes
B) No
C) Unsure

Question 3 (20 Points)
With reference to Question 2 above, please complete the following sentence:
The device which prevents the axle from rotating when subjected to regenerative braking and driving torque is........

Please Note:
All questions must be answered fully.
Additional marks will be awarded for accuracy, originality and response time.
Diagrams or pictures may be used if necessary.
Points for incomplete answers may be awarded if deemed appropriate.
The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »
Candidate Name: Yao Yuan
Invigilator: Alan

Paper 1 part A (15 minutes)

Answers 1
What does "160.00USD (no shipping)" actually mean?

C) Shipping costs are not included in the price.

Question 2 (5 points)
Do all the Magic Pies have flats on the axles like Kevin's motor?

A) Yes

Question 3 (20 Points)
The device which prevents the axle from rotating when subjected to regenerative braking and driving torque is........

The flats.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Score: 30/30
Grade: A++++
Remarks: Changed the (no shipping) to (excluding shipping)... lol

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Results
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »

Candidate Yao,

Congratulations on your results.

Quote from: Invigilator
Additional marks will be awarded for accuracy, originality and response time.
As all questions were completed correctly and answered within the allocated time, you have been awarded 10 additional points, making a total of 40 points.

Should any evidence of cheating come to light, all points awarded for this paper will be deducted.

Alan

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 07:47:30 PM »

Technically I would take off half a point for using
'the flats' as an answer to 'the device'

The question is flawed, since the machined flat sides on the axle
is/are the correct (tho partial) answer.

A superior question would have been:
The machined flat sides of the axle slide into corresponding slots on the forks
or frame to______________.

Where the best short answer would be like:
  "prevent the axle from spinning under torque."

Any allusion to the flat spot on the bottom of a trebuchet  gain extra points.
:)

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »
You can sea ship it. Dirt cheap.
The axles are new. Wiring connectors for kevin were old because the new wiring hasn't been manufactured when we shipped it to kevin, if he want's the new one we can just ship another set to him. For shipping quotes, you need to contact TOM personally.

How do we contact Tom "personally" to find out sea shipping prices?

Maybe you could find out for me the cost of shipping to Florida, USA?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »

How do we contact Tom "personally" to find out sea shipping prices?

Frank,

Two options spring to mind:

TOM's email is zhourenli@goldenmotor.com

or

Send a PM to TOM

Alan

Offline Hyena

• Confirmed
  • E-bike maniac
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »
Dear Yao,
Congratulations you've made it through to the bonus round.

Part 1: One of your guys on another forum posted about the MP saying
Quote from: GoldenMotor
Currently, the top speed for Magic Pie is not as fast as the top speed of HBS-48

According to the GM website the HBS-48 is rated at 430rpm and you posted a few months ago that the MP would be 350/480 rpm. I took that to mean on 36v / 48v but are there actually 2 different winds ? So is the "standard" Magic Pie 350 rpm ? on 36v ? 48v ?
I would have thought given the larger diametre of the Magic Pie being 350 and 480 rpm on 36v and 48v (up from 320 and 430 rpm on the old motor) would have been about right.

Part 2: Are motors for different sized wheels wound differently ? eg. are MPs laced into 20" wheels higher RPM units than those laced into 26" ? Or is a 20" wheel slower but with more torque.

Please do not answer in pencil. Use only a blue or black pen, or a keyboard

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »
Candidate Serial Numbr: 1337

Note!: Answers must be answered accordingly so that it looks like an answered answer.
Type your answers clearly, marks will be deducted if the font is too ugly.

Answer:
Part 1 and 2:
I believe that was the internship guy.

Top speed does not mean average speed. By top speed I mean the highest speed the motor can ever travel at. That's when you put in 100Volts of pure electricity into the motor with a controller that allows it. If you are talking about top speed at the same voltage, I'd say Magic Pie is faster provided they are wounded similarly. However the current Magic Pie is wounded in a way such that the RPM would only be slightly faster than the HBS-48. This is to ensure that the First round of Magic Pie does not fail under ANY circumstances. Because you cannot put in more than 60V of electricity, hence it will not burn and the wires will not "melt", we use the word "melt", but it actually means that the controller wires inside do not burn. Then, we would make Magic Pie V.2 which would be at a higher RPM. However this information is not supposed to be out here in this forums so please ignore anything I just said. Quotation of this sentence is an offense and offenders will be offensively offended through use of offensive offense. The main point is, after we can ensure the quality and stability of this technology, then we can come up with new stuff such as Magic Pie HS (High speed), Magic Pie Li (Light version for the 20", 24"), Magic Pink Pie (For the ladies with colorful decorations and a lower speed). These names may sound stupid and somewhat erotic, according to articles I've seen on other forums, however stupid names work well, look at the words "Google"(what?), "Hermes"(Herpes) and "FCUK"(You know what).

The speeds are different. Right now we have only 26" 28" and 700C. We are currently unable to do the 20" 24" and the 18". However do not worry because cast rims are simple as pie. Then we would have a final version of Magic Pie Pro which has a super-intelligent controller that allows users to modify their top speed, the controller firmware, the acceleration, the different speeds for different rim sizes and last but not least, be able to connect to either a Cat-Eye or your favorite Watts Up meter, displaying numbers which matter to many eBike enthusiasts.

Marks: many many

Offline Hyena

• Confirmed
  • E-bike maniac
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
Candidate Serial Numbr: 1337
Quotation of this sentence is an offense and offenders will be offensively offended through use of offensive offense.[/quote]
LOL.
I got my MP today, just writing my review now! My initial findings make sense given what you said above

Offline neptune

• Confirmed
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »
All these posts make no sense.Are they "inside"jokes? Are they at our expense? How did the "heyena" get his MP kit already?I've read his posts and he was asking many of the questions I had.I have been visiting daily to get answers.One question I asked was whether MP could be ordered and paid for in advance of the 20th debut.I never recieved a direct answer.I also EM'd the sales dept.at least a week ago.- no reply.In the U.S. we expect fair and equal treatment in business dealingsCan you just print the cost of "slow boat from china" shipping to the U.S. so in case I don't get a reply EMing "tom" in time to make a decision I can order on the debut day? Are you one day ahead of the USA timezone wise?It's getting close and since my previous dealings with China have been at the least, confusing,especially around your holiday seasons,I don't want to be told "you missed the boat".Thanks for your care and concern.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
All these posts make no sense.Are they "inside"jokes? Are they at our expense?

Hi Neptune,

I noticed questions were being asked but the required answers were not being given. So I decided to try a different approach.
They're not inside jokes, just a bit of light hearted forum fun, an attempt by me to get a direct response and hopefully direct answers which we were still waiting for, and it appears to have worked.

If my warped sense of humour has caused any offence or confusion, please accept my apologies.

Alan