General Category > Magic Pie & Smart Pie Discussions

Magic Pie Edge - The Perfect 500 Watt Solution!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hastings:
Nothing happening with the Edge tread :
For whatever reason:either

Not so much sales
or the Edge is the first Golden motor that does not need support; is a  very well working motor .....

What is the experience so far  . ? Gary ??

I am considering one - I have a a lightweight hardtail 29er. I have installed a  Thun X-CELL RT  and  cycle Analyst. The goal for this bike as opposed to my other with a MPII or III ( cant tell them apart) is a  variable electric support and I would like to get rid of the resistance on the flats where I do most of the work.  What has been holding me back is is also to make a custom battery that can fit  on top of  the lower  tube like a shark battery but with  Better cells  like Ping LiFePo.  I probably need to divide into several packs

GM Canada:

--- Quote from: Bikemad on July 04, 2016, 01:25:14 PM ---Hi Gary,

Do you know if they are radially laced, or laced with leading spokes on one side and trailing spokes on the other like the 20" Smart Pies:

Alan

--- End quote ---
Sorry Alan, quite a delay on responding here. The 20 inch edge is with leading spokes on one side and trailing on the other.

There is also a 16 inch cast version of the edge now and I really should update the site with a new picture of it :)

Gary

GM Canada:

--- Quote from: Hastings on April 09, 2019, 10:43:50 AM ---Nothing happening with the Edge tread :
For whatever reason:either

Not so much sales
or the Edge is the first Golden motor that does not need support; is a  very well working motor .....

What is the experience so far  . ? Gary ??

--- End quote ---

The Edge is extremely successful and reliable. It is becoming the the second biggest seller now, right behind the MP5

Gary

Malo87:
Hi may I ask you what's the difference with the Smart Pie 4, apart from the bluetooth? here in uk the limit is 250W and 15mph assisted pedalling, I'm still struggling to understand if the Smart Pie/edge is road legal

Aum:
olo

i need to know how to setup/connect the mp5 edge e-motor with grin cycle analyst (3.1(4))
i am making an e-motor solar powered trailer
using 2 pcs edge e-motors
(original gm) throttle is connected to ca3, therefore ca3 does the throttling, and edge's controller(s) are set to: throttle enable: 0 (close ? disable)
the test ride(s) were a lot of fun
except, regen braking is not working; that is, when I engage (original gm e-)brake lever, no braking (from edge e-motor) is felt
the battery is close to empty, and testing speed was way above 10 kmh (more like 30 kmh); currently, edge's controller settings is:
regen enable: 1 (open ? enabled), but since ca3 is doing (not ! lol) the regen braking, I should probably set it to: regen enable: 0 (close ? disabled); I did tested this setting, no regen braking was felt

the only info I have been able to find, is in cycle analyst (un)official user manual, long version, which, although being outdated, is still useful
on page 35/77, case 2 is described, and it says, there are cases, when e-brake signal wire needs to be connected both to ca3, and controller's (brake) wire

is this the case with gm mp5 edge e-motor ? I need to connect e-brake signal wire both to ca3 e-brake input and (both) edge controllers e-brake (blue; #6) wire ?

thank you for your cooperation

best regards

have fun

aum

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version