General Category > Magic Pie & Smart Pie Discussions

Magic Pie Edge - The Perfect 500 Watt Solution!

<< < (3/3)

Bikemad:
Hi andto the forum.

The Blue brake signal wire from both brake switches has to connect to ground for the regen to engage, so your brake signal wire needs to be connected in parallel to the CA as shown in the diagram:

Unfortunately, the MP Edge controller is unable to support variable regen, so the conventional regen function has to be used instead.

As you have dual motors, it should be possible to install a couple of diodes to enable the regen braking for each motor to be used independently, allowing the left lever to activate the left wheel regen and the right lever to activate the right motor regen, which would effectively give you a 2 stage regen option.
However, the uneven (biased) braking on the trailer (when just one brake is applied) may have an adverse effect upon the handling/steering.  :-\

Alan

Aum:
alan, thx for the reply

in meantime, I re-purposed ca3.1wp (8-pin plug) orange wire (key return) into 'parallel' e-brake signal wire (re-soldered orange wire to e-brake 'blue' wire inside ca3), then in the trailer, wired 2 wires, one to the left edge e-motor blue wire (e-brake), the other to the right edge blue wire, connected to edge controller.
i used android app and bluetooth module, set regen brake setting to 50 (i guess %), and did a test ride - it worked, me happy
just, for my purpose, 50 % regen braking is way too much, I will set both to 20 % (minimum available), and test it; then, if needed, I will slowly increase the regen value

in my case, on trike, the tow vehicle, one brake lever is connected to (both) front archer drum brakes, while the other (left) brake lever is connected to physical brakes on trailer, and also as e-brake to ca3.1, and now also to both mp5 edge controllers (blue wire, for e-brake signal)

this basically means I am done with my trailer, I just need to mount solar panels, and off we go - into world adventure

thx for the input,
have fun

aum

ps: anybody interested, you can follow me on youtube - aum hren (chose the channel with 40+ videos)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version