General Category > Magic Pie & Smart Pie Discussions

Magic Pie 4 (Vector Control)

<< < (5/5)

GM Canada:

--- Quote from: rkts on August 14, 2014, 04:29:53 PM ---Well I've just did a test ride on proof of concept front MP III fitted with Vector with some mods on winding  (I was not told what exactly was done - phase shuffle?)
All is working fine. I do not see any ON/OFF behavior however torque is low, especially from full stop. It feels more like 2-3A on MP III however CA readings shows around 20-25A on full throttle. 
Actually I've tried to hold bike with rear brake and do WOT from full stop so it even does not spin front wheel while CA shows around 10-15A draw. Wheel just stays on the ground and after few seconds controller shuts the power to the motor due protection.
I'm not saying it has difficulties to start spinning but it's slow to reach it's RPM even when wheel is lifted. I can ride it from full stop but nothing to compare with original mp3...

Any ideas on why torque is so low? Could it be HAL sensors connected in wrong order or motor would not work in that case at all?

--- End quote ---

None of this makes any sense to me. What you tested in my opinion is not possible to be the new vector controller. I have checked it out and see no possibility it would even fit. I would love to see so e pictures of this controller and how it fit in the hole and over the axle.

Gary

rkts:
Hi Gary
Apologies for late reply. I was only able to get my hands on that this weekend.

What is the purpose for me to lie? :) I'm just decribing issues we've faced converting MP3 to MP4.

I think there is main difference between MP3 revs. So called MP3.1 and MP3.2. MP3.2 has a bit different controller?, different winding and, possibly, narrower axle.
Mine is MP3.2
I did take some pics of the controller but did not remove it as it is silicone sealed including axle. See attached.
It will be now converted back to MP3 but before that we'll try to understand a difference and what exactly needs to be done for it to work with this controller.

The official answer from GM is that it does not work but for some reason I don't believe it's not possible to make it work in worst case rewinding wires just for matter of science :)

I did swap my motor with Vector on weekend and I can confirm that performance boost is incredible.
I was not able to stop wheel from spinning (front) all the time on unpaved road with 100% Accel setting. Last time I was not able to spin wheel no matter how hard I tried.
It runs something like 5 times better in terms of torque and acceleration than MP3 with Vec and better than original MP3 with stock controller.

Mgizen:
The new LCD panel (BAC-601) for the vector system can you limit wattage, and speed etc? Like the MG cycle analyst? Is GM Canada carry this product?
thanks MG

Bikemad:
Unfortunately, it does not affect the power available from the throttle, it only alters the amount of power provided by the pedelec system, which is ultimately limited by the maximum settings in the controller.

The mode settings available during use will vary the power available from the pedelec which is produced in relation to the rider's pedal speed (cadence) and the "PAS Ratio", "Battery drawn current", "Rated phase current" and "Acceleration" settings programmed into the controller.

Alan

Mgizen:
Oh ok so the cycle analyst is maybe worth the money in that respect. thanks for info Alan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version