General Category > Magic Pie & Smart Pie Discussions

Magic Pie 4 (Vector Control)

(1/5) > >>

GoldenMotor:

http://goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/BAC-601 LCD User Guide.pdf

Morgen 3Eman:
A few questions...

Will the SineWave controller fit an MP3?  Is it available as a replacement part?  What it the cost for the controller as a replacement part?  Is there software available to support Mac users?

TTFN,
Dennis

Bikemad:
Hi Dennis, here are a few answers...

It won't easily fit the early MPIII and you would need to be prepared to do the following:

* Machine the axle (or fit the later type if they're compatible)
* Enlarge the inside of the controller housing
* Change the hall sensor plug
* Change the phase wire connectors
* Replace the main wiring harness and controlsI'm not sure whether all of the above will still apply to the more recent MPIIIs.

I presume the controller will be made available as a replacement part just like the existing controllers are, but I have no idea what the price is likely to be.

It should be possible to run the programming software on a Mac using a PC emulator, I wonder if anyone has tried doing this yet?
I don't have a Mac so I can't try it out. ::)

Alan

Morgen 3Eman:
Hi Alan,

I have to believe that GM management has  finally gotten out the known failure parts of the MP3 controller, and I certainly admire the packaging of the built in controllers vs Lyen,etc.  But what really sells me is the sine wave output mode, which doesn't magnetically/mechanically hammer the windings on each and every pulse. 

Any chance you have any photos of the new controller circuit board to share?

TTFN,
Dennis

Bikemad:
I tried to take a photo comparing the difference in size between the hall sensor sockets to show how much smaller the new connector is but it came out a bit blurry:

Check out Gary's video for more information.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version