Author Topic: Help needed pls: Folding Ebike Replacement Battery (MNKE001)  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Rrrrkap

• Confirmed
Help needed pls: Folding Ebike Replacement Battery (MNKE001)
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:51:58 AM »
Hi there,
I have a shrinker folding bike from golden motors, and its battery is not good anymore (as it discharges very quickly; also, never shows full green charge on the adapter brick, just shows charging with flashing green all the time). 
Battery says it is a MNKE001; 36 v, 7 AH.
Where can I get a replacement battery please; I need to get it in San Jose, California.
Please advice.  I have attached pic of the bike, and the pic of the battery name.
Many thanks

PS: Here is an old thread on this forum for the ebike...for reference...
http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1793.0

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Help needed pls: Folding Ebike Replacement Battery (MNKE001)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

Unless you can find a local GM dealer who is able to supply just the battery, you will probably have to order a replacement battery direct from China.

A quick Google search returned several results of potential suppliers of this battery, but you will have to enquire about the price and availability.

AliExpress shows a price of $368.42 but unfortunately, the item is "no longer available!:(

If the plastic casing can be dismantled easily (without being damaged) it might be possible to have the pack completely rebuilt with suitable new cells fitted if you can find someone locally (with the necessary skills and a suitable spot welder) who would be prepared to tackle the job.

I have not seen what's inside one of those packs, but I'm guessing it will be comprised of 30 x 2200mAh 18650 LiMn cylindrical cells in a 10S3P configuration giving a total capacity of ~6.6Ah which has simply been rounded up to 7Ah for easier advertising.

Alan

Offline Rrrrkap

• Confirmed
Re: Help needed pls: Folding Ebike Replacement Battery (MNKE001)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 01:10:12 AM »
Thank you.

Am going to find a local battery rebuilder...in Bay Area, Ca.

I did make queries from websites where China Manufacturers have presence; but no response yet.

As this came from Golden Motors originally, I was hoping that they may have a pointer for me.

Thanks