Author Topic: My Morgen's going to the All British Field Meet  (Read 4171 times)

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
My Morgen's going to the All British Field Meet
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:01:51 AM »
Hi Folks,

This weekend is the All British Field Meet in Portland, Oregon.  A bunch of daft old bu!*ars get together and lie about how great their old British Cars are.  My Mini's and Lotus's are long gone, but lately I have entered some of my automotive paintings in the art show held in conjunction with the Meet.  This year I have a 1933 MG J2 and a 2005 Viper painting to enter.  And I have decided to enter my Morgen as a SCULPTURE!   I figure it will spin some heads as it whines through the display area.  :)

Wish me luck.

And yes, there was alcohol involved in the decision.  (Hey, I'm an old sailor)

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline truly_bent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: My Morgen's going to the All British Field Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »
I'm sure your Morgan will be a hit. Did the grandkids finish painting it?

Post a pic or two when the show is over please.
Jeff
Burley Canto recumbent w/ MP II, Lyen 18FET controller, 48V 20AH LiFeP04, Cycle Analyst, and 4 pounds of zip-ties

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
Maybe some before and after show pictures would be a nice. Just incase everyone spills thier drinks on it. :)

Gary

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »
Hi Folks,

Well, I am heart broken!  My Morgen was only judged into second place!   But I probably  should have expected that.  The featured Marque was MG, and some old geezer had a painting of a 1934 MG J2 that was chosen as best in show.  As luck would have it, I was the old geezer:)

On a more serious note, I really expected to get some inquiry about purchasing, and I had not a single bit of interest in buying one.  I got a lot of compliments, lots of  questions and smiles and such, but not one availability question. 

When I get the photos reduced to posting size, I'll share them. 

TTFN,
Dennis