Author Topic: VEC200 Connector? Name? Where to buy?  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
VEC200 Connector? Name? Where to buy?
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:05:37 AM »
Hello, I am new to the forum. My name is Lucas. I am part of a project in my University here in Brazil. We have recently purchased a HPM3000B Motor and a VEC200 controller. The system is working fine, but I have some questions, here goes the first.

I received this conector from the supplier:

I only added a few things, like the buttons and switches. I know they are horrible conections, but this setup was only for a first test.

Problem is I want to make a setup conection for Lab testing and another for the setup on the eletric boat (much larger cables). For that I need another conector like the one with the black protection layer.

This one:

I can't seem to find this connector anywhere. It is a 30 pin connector; 3 lines of 10 pins.

Does anyone know anything about it? It's name?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:34:59 PM by Lucfer1501 »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC200 Connector? Name? Where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:21:10 AM »
Hi Lucas andto the forum.

Unfortunately I am unable to see any pictures on your post as the Google image address (URL) seems to be excessively long and/or incomplete.
Please edit your post and add the pictures from a different source.

Check out this post for more details on adding pictures.

Have you tried contacting your supplier to see if they are able to supply this connector separately?

If anyone has one of these connectors on a damaged harness that has already been replaced, perhaps you would be kind enough to post it on to Lucas if he pays the shipping costs?
Please send a Personal Message to Lucas if you are able to help.

Alan

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:00:10 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 01:37:36 PM »
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately the sallesman from which I bought the whole set has ended his company activities.

I have corrected my last post. Can you see the pictures now?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:22:17 PM by Lucfer1501 »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 03:24:26 PM »
That's better, I can see the pictures now.  :)

If those connectors are manufactured specifically for the VEC controllers it will be difficult to find them for sale elsewhere.

Even if you did manage to find the original supplier, I doubt they would be interested in selling small quantities, especially individual connectors.
I therefore suggest that you send an email to sales@goldenmotor.com to find out if it is possible to just purchase the connector (either with/without its wiring harness), but as tomorrow is the start of the Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) public holiday, I suspect that GM China may well be shut until 11th February.  :-\

During this holiday period, the GM staff will probably be very busy visiting their families, eating dumplings and setting off fireworks, so it could be some time before they return to work and get a chance to reply to the countless emails that they will have received over the holiday period.  ;)

Alan

Offline Tommycat

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 04:07:32 PM »
May I suggest that if the OEM connector is not readily available, to install an easily obtainable connector pair (with spares) between the controller and the rest of the wiring harness. Noting of course that all 30 pins are not used... adapter pigtail so to speak. :)
See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub E-Bike build  HERE.

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 10:44:21 PM »
That's better, I can see the pictures now.  :)

If those connectors are manufactured specifically for the VEC controllers it will be difficult to find them for sale elsewhere.

Even if you did manage to find the original supplier, I doubt they would be interested in selling small quantities, especially individual connectors.
I therefore suggest that you send an email to sales@goldenmotor.com to find out if it is possible to just purchase the connector (either with/without its wiring harness), but as tomorrow is the start of the Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) public holiday, I suspect that GM China may well be shut until 11th February.  :-\

During this holiday period, the GM staff will probably be very busy visiting their families, eating dumplings and setting off fireworks, so it could be some time before they return to work and get a chance to reply to the countless emails that they will have received over the holiday period.  ;)

Alan

Thank you for the info. I will wait till the holiday is over. Until then I think I will try tommy's idea.

May I suggest that if the OEM connector is not readily available, to install an easily obtainable connector pair (with spares) between the controller and the rest of the wiring harness. Noting of course that all 30 pins are not used... adapter pigtail so to speak. :)

Good idea. It may be a problem for a wire to wire connection in the boats outboard, but for now may be a solution.