Author Topic: High Brake? High Speed? Low Speed? CANL? CANH?  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
High Brake? High Speed? Low Speed? CANL? CANH?
« on: February 05, 2019, 06:49:21 AM »
Hello, It's me, Lucas, again.
I have another question I couldn't find in any other post.
I have a VEC200 and a HPM3000B.

In this image, the diagram shows a VEC300 model, not a VEC200,but it must be the same pins. It shows the name of the pins and their numbers (not all).

Here is the problem. The Diagram shown in the last picture names the following pins:

High Brake 12V (15);
High Speed (20);
Low Speed (24);
CANL (1);
CANH(2);

These pins are not shown in this other wiring picture diagram (except for the High Brake):

They also didn't come connected to any cable in my VEC200 connector (except for the High Brake).

Can someone please tell me what are these pins functions? Thanks

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: High Brake? High Speed? Low Speed? CANL? CANH?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:21:07 PM »
Hi Lucas,

The High Brake 12V (15) allows a +12V signal from a vehicles existing 12V brake light circuit to be used to activate regen instead of grounding the +5V Blue/White Brake wire with a separate brake switch.

The CANL (1) and CANH(2) are the CAN Low and CAN High signal wires to connect to a CAN Bus system which might be used by some Battery Management Systems and dashboards etc. but I have not seen any information explaining how the controller makes use of this system or what information is being transmitted via the network.
I presume it could be used to monitor current, voltage, motor rpm, temperature and throttle position etc. and may possibly allow some BMS units to override the throttle to prevent the battery from being overloaded or overdischarged.

Judging by the following available user programmable parameters;
3-Gear Func setting
3-Gears enable         0:Disable
3-Gear switch mode setting   0:Button
Default gear (0:HG 1:MG 2:LG)   0
High speed ratio (%)     100
Mid speed ratio (%)      80
Low speed ratio (%)      60
I presume that the High Speed (20) and Low Speed (24) can be used in conjunction with a three position switch to select different maximum speed settings when the above function is 1:Enabled:

I'm guessing that the Default gear would be set to 1:MG and could then be switched high or low by grounding out High Speed (20) or Low Speed (24) pins.

Alan

Offline Lucfer1501

• Confirmed
Re: High Brake? High Speed? Low Speed? CANL? CANH?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 05:03:57 AM »
Thanks for the Reply Alan!

The High Brake 12V (15) allows a +12V signal from a vehicles existing 12V brake light circuit to be used to activate regen instead of grounding the +5V Blue/White Brake wire with a separate brake switch.

Alan

So aparently the High Brake has no application for me on the eletric outboard conversion. Instead, I will just use the grounding of the Blue/White wire.

I presume it could be used to monitor current, voltage, motor rpm, temperature and throttle position etc.

Alan

Whould be amazing to be able to monitor these system variables. Unfortunately if you don't know how to use it possibly no one knows lol.

Also good to know about the info on the 3 gears function. Thank you again