Author Topic: Installing the horn  (Read 12858 times)

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Installing the horn
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 09:13:06 AM »
Ok, there is a video on that ebay link that has the sound, since it sounds like a truck reversing I'm sure it will get some attention - its not really a 'horn' sound though it is loud.

That Airzound link I sent you is much louder, deeper tone. Have a look on youtube just search for "Airzound" and you will see some funny videos of it in use! This one will sound like the 2A horn you originally posted if not louder

Anyways good luck :D

Offline stepir

• Confirmed
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »
Just with 2 years of delay!! :)

I managed to give it a try with that horn and was not able to get it work :(

In any case I had the front light broken as well so I order the following one from GM:

This one is coming with 3 wires. I can guess those are the + for the light, the + for the horn, and the common ground.

Anyone had already a chance to use it and could confirm the wiring?

Thanks!

Offline stepir

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 12:14:53 PM »
well I made a short test just to verify and the connection below is right. I'm testing this on a MP2 with a 48v battery.

Just in case others are looking for the same light/horn:
- greatly manufactured compared to the previous black light only 48v led GM was selling. It's very well sealed while in the other there was a risk of water/rain getting in and burning the controller.
- light produced seems slightly better than the previous one. It's ok for being seen/noticed, not as good for really lighting a road at night.
- the horn is amazingly loud! exactly what I was looking for biking in the traffic! it's way too much for advising pedestrian of your presence.

Will eventually post some pics/video of the installation, I'll try also to use a common ground wire that is already in place in my install and originally used for the previous light.

Offline Patmou

• Confirmed
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:34 AM »
Hi,
Are the 2 horn wires from the light/horn to be connected to controller pins A1 and A2 in place of th buzzer coming with the kit ?
Regards,
Patmou from France

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »