Author Topic: Brake the immediate throttle = nothing on MP4 (Problem Solved!)  (Read 12203 times)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Brake the immediate throttle = nothing on MP4
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 11:26:14 PM »
Glad to hear you finally nailed it down Ron. I guess that's why when I tested it in this video I found regen to work fine.

http://youtu.be/k5Wc8aWQ0n0

Just so people know this is how I test everything that comes back and I create a video of everything. I started doing this a few years back when people were trying to scam me. Ron of course is a very good customer and I'm not in any way saying he would ever try a scam. Just explaining why I have this video. I create one for every situation. I'm sure Ron doesn't mind me showing this.

Anyway Ron, I'll send you out a brake lever. I'll write to you in the ticket. Finally I can say...

Enjoy the ride.

Gary
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:51:13 PM by spellchecker »

Offline Ron

• Confirmed
Re: Brake the immediate throttle = nothing on MP4
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 01:58:56 PM »
Hi Gary - I think your videos are a great idea for both covering yourself and letting the customer know what is going on.  I know  that the video sure convinced me I had a wiring glitch.  Big thanks to GM Canada for not blocking my emails and assuming I didn't know what I was doing.  It took a while but with GM Canada (Gary's) patience the problem got solved ... try that with customer service out of China!

Offline Ron

• Confirmed
Picture of faulty brake lever wiring
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 03:41:50 AM »

Red wire is +5v.  You can see the indent on the blue wire where the red was attached.  This made the 5v connect to ground whenever the brakes were used.  I only opened the brake, I didn't strip the wires.  The workmanship is abysmal and was the cause of regen not working and it caused the controller to think there was a throttle fault. 

EDIT: Picture link modified by moderator.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:18:15 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Post Mortem Results
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 11:44:19 AM »
I hope you or Gary will be performing a Post Mortem, as it would be nice to know exactly what was causing the problem.

Nice picture Ron, and a pretty conclusive result for a post mortem, your photographic evidence clearly shows the precise cause of the initial problem:

Your controller seems to be responding just as if the battery power had been disconnected and reconnected with full throttle applied. In this situation, a safety feature prevents the motor from operating until the throttle has been fully released.

If this safety feature is triggered by the turning on of the +5V supply, I'm wondering whether there could be a problem within the front harness which is causing the brake switch to temporarily short out the +5V supply either in addition to (or instead of) the brake signal wire, which would effectively be turning off and on the +5V supply when the brake lever is pulled and then released again as far as anything else on the +5V circuit is concerned.

Now that you have found the missing piece, the puzzle has finally been completed. ;)

Alan