General Category > Electric Motorcycle Conversion

3kw Non-hub Moped Conversion help

<< < (2/17) > >>

Knightgreider:
Hi BikeMad, I don't see any picture.  :(

And tonight, I'll look at my hall cables and fault code of the controller. But I don't know if was the same issue entirely. I only got my motor to turn over once... I don't have any brake switches so I thought I needed to connect one for them not to overload the throttle switch?

The throttle lights do flash for a split second, then nothing.

Thanks, everyone.

Knightgreider:
BikeMad, I was at my job, they must have blocked the imaging service maybe. I am looking at it now. I gotcha. I don't have anything hooked up to the brake cable. Could have damaged my controller when I turned it on?

I got 5 blinking lights on the controller. So I tried everything that MotoLittle did and I found that whatever combination that I put the hall cables in I always get the 5 blinking lights.
 :-\

I am getting around 72v on all of the hall cables when I check them when the batteries are plugged in.

Motolittle:
Mine threw similar codes like that on the controller when I had a setting on the computer out of parameter it didnt like. Once I changed it back it worked again. Hope this helps! It took me two weeks of pulling my hair out and help from this amazing forum to figure it out. Also sweet build!!!   :)

Knightgreider:
Hi Motolittle, do you remember what your settings were on that controller? I have mine set to default. I am interested to see what you changed to get it to work.

Thanks!

Knightgreider:
Hey, guys, I am at a loss in trying to figure this out. I have been going over this for hours today and troubleshooting what it could be. I found this forum post https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=6586.0 and it kind of scared me because I started it up without the 5v on/off switch and no brakes. Did I damage the hall sensors in the motor? It keeps giving me the code- “Hall input is abnormal.” And I am scared I damaged the controller or motor when I hooked it up last week.

I just ordered the on/off switch and the brakes, so we'll see if that matters when I get them.   ::) Fingers crossed!

Thanks, everyone for any help you can give!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version