General Category > Electric Motorcycle Conversion

Vintage dirt bike build, HPM3000/VEC200 - help with parameter optimization

<< < (2/2)

Andrew:

--- Quote from: Rickard M on March 04, 2018, 06:03:42 PM ---Yes it feels lika a limit, is it because 72x80 almost is 6000w as the rated motor peak power? Or what does that error message mean? (A):1.0 iÜ x iÜ ?  The battery could give more...

Do you mean "start phase current (A)"  When you Said phase amps?

How is it with throttle voltage?

I will also try a 55 tooth rear sprocket, but assume it will not change much to My existing 54 tooth..

--- End quote ---

Yes, see if you can up the 'starting phase current' to match the max phase current.

If you have a hall sensor throttle the voltage range is usually zero to about 4v. So at present you have 'throttle maximum valid voltage' at 3.2v. It may not make any difference, infact it may just make the throttle a little tamer,, but its worth a try.
I don't know much about the gearing ratios and sprocket sizes , but going smaller or larger will of course change either acceleration, or top speed depending which way you go.  Top speed probably wont be effected that much if more acceleration is needed.

Great bike btw

Murray:
Hi Rickard
I have a similar build and am getting the same response. The wheel will not spin on take off from stationary under full throttle. It takes to about mid rpm range to have good torque. It's not like it isn't quick, and if you are already moving it will throw some dirt in the corners but initial take off is not great.
Wondering if you worked out any more setting changes that were helpful.
Did you try increasing starting phase amps?

Thanks
Murray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version