General Category > eBike Mods/Legalization

Walking speed button

(1/3) > >>

urosv:
Hi All,
I want to add walking speed to cruse button. The idea is when I push and hold the cruse button Magic Pie will help me move and get a speed around 2-3km/h, to walk by. How can I tweak a throttle to bay-pas some small amount of speed ?
Thanks for help...

Bikemad:

--- Quote from: urosv on January 30, 2011, 05:23:20 PM ---How can I tweak a throttle to bay-pas some small amount of speed ?

--- End quote ---

It's relatively simple to modify the throttle to suit your requirements by simply fitting a couple of small diodes and a small variable resistor (10K trimmer) as shown here:

The trimmer would have to be adjusted by trial and error to obtain the desired speed.
If you don't have a horn, you could use the wires from the horn button instead so that your cruise button will control the cruise function as normal.

Please Note: The throttle will still continue to function as normal and would still deliver full power if accidentally operated.

I couldn't remember what colour wires are used on the horn/cruise unit so the colours shown in the above diagram are not correct.

Another alternative would be to use the throttle restrictor circuit shown below and simply set the maximum speed to walking pace and then use the throttle instead of the cruise/horn button for variable slow speed control.

The square red button on the throttle control can be used to turn on/off the restricted throttle instead of the single pole switch shown in the diagram, and another 5K trimmer can be used in place of the 5K potentiometer shown if preferred.

Alan

urosv:
Excelent,
I will try this today and give you a feedback !
One question in between. What is inside throttle? Is controler sending current through and throttle is variable resistor, and how does HAL signalling work ?

Bikemad:

--- Quote from: urosv on January 31, 2011, 07:13:21 AM ---What is inside throttle? Is controler sending current through and throttle is variable resistor, and how does HAL signalling work ?

--- End quote ---

The throttle incorporates a hall effect sensor, a small device which determines the actual position of the rotating twistgrip/thumb lever by sensing the movement of an embedded magnetic strip. The hall effect sensor converts the varying magnetic field into a variable voltage output which the controller then uses to control the amount of power being supplied to the motor.

Take a look at this post to see exactly what's inside the throttle unit.

Alan

mike662:

--- Quote from: Bikemad on January 31, 2011, 01:44:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: urosv on January 30, 2011, 05:23:20 PM ---How can I tweak a throttle to bay-pas some small amount of speed ?

--- End quote ---

It's relatively simple to modify the throttle to suit your requirements by simply fitting a couple of small diodes and a small variable resistor (10K trimmer) as shown here:

The trimmer would have to be adjusted by trial and error to obtain the desired speed.
If you don't have a horn, you could use the wires from the horn button instead so that your cruise button will control the cruise function as normal.

Please Note: The throttle will still continue to function as normal and would still deliver full power if accidentally operated.

I couldn't remember what colour wires are used on the horn/cruise unit so the colours shown in the above diagram are not correct.

Another alternative would be to use the throttle restrictor circuit shown below and simply set the maximum speed to walking pace and then use the throttle instead of the cruise/horn button for variable slow speed control.

The square red button on the throttle control can be used to turn on/off the restricted throttle instead of the single pole switch shown in the diagram, and another 5K trimmer can be used in place of the 5K potentiometer shown if preferred.

Alan

--- End quote ---

I want to do this for my non-mp kit. Will this work, or is this only for mp? Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version