Author Topic: Loosening spokes  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Thuktun

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Loosening spokes
« on: April 09, 2021, 08:37:09 AM »
Anyone have a solution for this problem? Magic Pie Edge, I've been having to true my wheel every week or two since I got it. I broke a couple of rims in potholes but the rim I have now needs replacing because of this problem and it'll be the second one. There are cracks around the spoke holes again. I can true the wheel, ride back and forth to work once each, 12kms round trip, and it starts going out again. Another round trip and it's clicking and popping the spokes are so bad. If I leave it for two weeks the wheel will be so loose it wiggles. Needless to say I'm sick of it.

I can't be the only one with this problem, what's the fix? Don't say have a local bike store lace the wheel, there's only one around here and they're clueless. I had them do it once and by the time I rode home 3kms away it was already making noise. My Smart Pie never had this problem but the Edge right out of the box has been nothing but trouble.

Offline Thuktun

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Loosening spokes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
I just ordered a new rim. Rather than use the same spoke size though I ordered 12g spokes from a different source. Let's see if that helps...