Author Topic: Are these kits any good?  (Read 9343 times)

dray

Are these kits any good?
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:19:19 PM »
Hiya, I have don't a bunch of research on finding the best I can for the $$. But are these motors really up to par?

What exactly are the differences wit hthese and Crystalytes?

What is the actual speed and duration for a 200 lb man etc.

please email me if any of you actually own one please gimme the LOW DOWN!!

thanks!!

rghaak@aol.com
Danny Ray

dray

Re: Are these kits any good?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »
Also, I found this guy http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/Electric_bicycle.htm
I emailed him about the kits, he said it was the golden motor bike kit and they are no good?

Someone please chime in and help me out lol, now I'm kinda lost

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:19:04 PM »
Interesting find, dray.  He is listing the clearanced motor as a 350W motor, rather than the 500W motor currently on offer.  Perhaps that is an earlier generation?  350W would probably be underwhelming, compared to the 25mph estimate listed on the site. 

A 500W motor should be able to get a 200lb rider to about 18-20mph.  There are a few real-world users posting around on this site, they all seem to have the current generation 500W motor, and are providing acceptable to favorable reviews.  If you go over to instructables.com you can find an electric bike conversion by watermelon using the current kit.  He seems to like his kit just fine.

I don't have any experience with the kit as yet, as I'm still trying to decide whether to get one myself.

-Mike

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »
I'll answer this in another post since original poster has made it clear he's a troll.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 12:11:40 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline Dave

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
    • davintosh
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 09:08:10 PM »
Also, I found this guy http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/Electric_bicycle.htm
I emailed him about the kits, he said it was the golden motor bike kit and they are no good?

Someone please chime in and help me out lol, now I'm kinda lost

I also emailed them about their closeout electric motors and was told (by Mark Malpica <info@kingsmotorbikes.com>) that they were sold out and won't be getting any more. I got that message on May 17; not sure why they still have the ad on their site if that was true.