Author Topic: Gary Salo has Retired  (Read 3046 times)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Gary Salo has Retired
« on: February 02, 2020, 06:35:07 PM »
With sadness and Joy I have retired.

As some may know, Golden Motor Canada  was founded in 2009 and over the years exploded in popularity. But after some life changing events in 2019 I could no longer dedicate the time required to keep the business going to the standards people had became accustomed too.  After much thought and deliberation the business was sold and changed hands in October 2019. I remained in the background training and advising the new owners. Within a month I was no longer hands on involved. Only coaching from a distance via phone calls and email. Now the new owners are knowledgeable , experienced and  100 percent ready. It is time to announce the change.

I would like to introduce two brothers, Rizwan and Mujtaba Merchant. In short they go by Riz and Muj and are two great guys. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with them and wish them the best. They are smart, able bodied and ready for the challenge of running this overwhelming but rewarding business.

I would like to thank Golden Motor in believing in me. Thank you to Alan for his dedicated service to the Golden Motor forum and of course I also would like to thank the huge customer base developed over the years and the countless friends I have made along the way.

Please have no worries for myself or my family. We are fine and have a great future in sight. Take care.

Enjoy the ride!

Gary Salo

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
Re: Gary Salo has Retired
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 01:15:39 AM »
I am glad for you Gary.

I hope you're still going to keep your hand it on the forum.
If you ever decide to visit Southern California please let me
know and I will lend you a bike or two. 

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
Hello all,

Just thought I would stop in and say hi. It has been a year now since I retired. Life is good and Carol and I are very happy. I hope everyone is healthy and safe. Covid kind of screwed things up for us, just like the rest of the world. But we will all get passed it eventually.  I see Golden Motor Canada is still going strong without me. I am very happy for that. Muj and Riz are two great guys and I wish them the best.

If anyone wants to follow our new journey, feel free to check out our new youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/rvlivinglife and like and subscribe.it really helps us out.

Until next time take care and be safe!

Enjoy the Ride!
Gary

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 09:57:58 PM »
Hi Gary,

Good to hear that you and Carol are both well and enjoying retirement.

I'm actually quite impressed that you've managed to fight the urge to post on the forum for well over eight months before finally giving in.   :D

Alan