Author Topic: UK Purchase ?  (Read 4269 times)

Offline ballparkcy

UK Purchase ?
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:57:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

I would like to make a purchase through goldenmotor.com for a hub-kit for my KMX ST class trike.

Does anyone know if they ship to the UK?

I don't seem to be getting a response from their email? I was just wondering if it is safe to order or not?

Any info greatly appreciated :-)

Regards,
Cyrus

Offline Chris

Re: UK Purchase ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »
Hi Cyrus

I bought two kits into the UK last year. they do take a long time to reply to your emails, but once the money was paypaled over I got them in about 3 weeks.

A few little grips with them if you have a look at some of my previous posts.

A few tips: forget the nimh batteries, buy lead acid in the UK. Ensure all the pins are lined up, check where the sensor/power wires come out of the hub, very easy to get damaged.

Once they are up and running, they fly!

Hope this helps

Chris

Offline ballparkcy

Re: UK Purchase ?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:25:20 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have decided to go via the cyclone route. In transit as I type so have no idea how well it will perform. I will probably be one of the first to fit a dual-freewheel type as these are quite new, and unconventionally, behind the seat on the KMX which allows for a very short chain length between the motor and the rear cassette. Should have some grunt [500w motor] :-)

I have gone for LifePO4 power, which should give me what I want, just for recreational fun, no day to day communting so no high capacity needed. Will post when conversion is complete.

Regards,
Cyrus