Author Topic: 5 Beeps? No Go  (Read 40804 times)

Offline skindoc4

Re: 5 Beeps? No Go
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 09:24:08 AM »
Still no response from Golden Motors. More than 4 weeks now.

This is unacceptable.

I have emailed Phillip Yao again. Replies came within 48 hours when there was a sale in the offing.

As of now I am >$AUD1000 down with a failed system (after 10 days of use) and a lack of reply to my emails. In my country (Australia) this would be grounds for reporting to Consumer Affairs (Government Department).

Have others experienced similar?

Alex   >:( >:(

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »
Hold in here mate.

Id say you only need a controller.  Youre not $1000AUD out of pocket, not really.  It feels like it though.

Like one hall sensor I can get for under $2 is the straw that breaks the camels back,  It wast too long ago, we had no sensorless, so lifes problems were solved with an afternoons work and a $2 part.

I hope when youre back up and running  you feel better about this.

My first attempt at this was horrible.

I blew one controller trying to find a spot to put it on my bike, and I shorted out some controller wire on my pack.  Then, I had no stand, and very heavy SLA batteries and putting the bike down and picking it up by the throttle had me break it clean off.  Then with all my batteries, my bike fell over on a pebble drive way, munged and shorted out the wires, and took out my second controller.  It was all gone in a month.

I had no warranty, no transport and $800 worth of bits I broke.

My problems were caused to not having a good stand and some covers over my terminals,  So much damage for so little apathy.

Thank god my hall sensors were still ok.  ::)

I was about to call it a day.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:45:10 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline skindoc4

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 01:16:47 AM »
Hi Leslie (that is your name?)

Thanks for the encouraging words because I am a bit dispirited over this. My wife cautioned me about purchasing this way but I was impressed with the Golden Motors site and the presentation of the products - way better than most other Chinese sites I have visited - and also by what I had read on this forum. I still believe they have a great product but the failure I have had should have been prevented before the controller left the factory.

I am sure you are right about me only needing a new controller but I think I should at least have received a reply from Golden Motors and that they should come to the party and send a replacement controller which includes a way of protecting against the high voltage/current whichever which it would seem has cooked the controller I have.

I was assisted with the installation by a friend who is an electrical engineer (= knows what he is doing unlike me) who happened to be visiting from interstate at the time. So I am confident that the installation was expertly performed.

Unfortunately my investment in time and money remains worthless whilst the bike remains idle and I personally have no means at the moment of changing this without the involvement of Golden Motors. That is the problem as I see it and the issue with no reply from Golden Motors. I appreciate your advice but without some considerable dedicated study (eg what is a "fets") I am unable to rectify my problem.

I have not given up yet but neither am I excited right now.

Alex

TRK

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
When sending an email to Tom, try to keep it as short and to the point as possible.  In my experience that will get the fastest response.  For example:
Hello Tom,

Controller failed, 5 beeps. 
Please advice.

Regards,
Alex Skindoc4

Then he will likely ask you to check or test a few things to verify the problem, so he can decide what needs to be done and send you the needed replacement parts.

Offline skindoc4

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 02:13:46 AM »
Thanks

I shall follow your suggestion

Alex

Offline skindoc4

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 02:26:15 AM »
An update - advised by Philip Yao that he is sending a replacement controller in which the problem with regenerative braking causing damage has been fixed. Hoepfully this will solve my problems with the controller failure.

Alex

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »
Hi Leslie (that is your name?)

Thanks for the encouraging words because I am a bit dispirited over this. My wife cautioned me about purchasing this way but I was impressed with the Golden Motors site and the presentation of the products - way better than most other Chinese sites I have visited - and also by what I had read on this forum. I still believe they have a great product but the failure I have had should have been prevented before the controller left the factory.

Buying online is fine in my years experience.  Me and my wife were scared to buy online, just a few rules to abide by and things always turn out good.

Best advice is to be patient.  Diplomacy never lets you down even when facing con artists and the authorities that will deal with them, and don't be afraid to speak up.

The thing that really stands out about GM is that they have always made good in the end to the people who don't give up and sell out.

Yes these regen problems are common.

Regen is a simple but hard to balance thing.  It is only new to BLCD in implementation and many people are still coming up with new and better ideas.

Ive just built a prototype solar panel range extender and I having ideas of using it and the motor to get regen.  Where the development goes from here is up to us and our feedback,

Bring it on

Offline skindoc4

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 12:29:10 PM »
Well it's 2 months now going on 3 and just 1 email on 4 May promising a replacement controller within one week.

It's more than 6 weeks since the solitary email promising to fix the problem and no replacement controller.

Multiple further emails and no reply. I do not think this is satisfactory. As of now I have AUD$1000 of electric motor and battery which does not work and I have no means for making it work.

I think this is extremely poor and I would have to advise against doing business with Golden Motors.

Alex >:(

Offline thomasamoth

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 09:51:35 PM »
Hello, ive the same problem ... I ran up a hill and the motor cut down and when I restarted it I could hear 5 bip, and no more power from the motor .... :(

Please help, my magicpie ran only 6km ..............

:(

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »
The wheel is hard to turn?  Then you have mosfet failure by the sounds of it.

They are very easy to replace if you know what you are doing with a solder gun.

Similarly you could opt for a controller replacement board.

Then Email Tom.

zhourenli@goldenmotor.com

It is important you do not switch off your controller while it is operation, or to make sure your battery connection is solid.

I am not sure what happens when the BMS current ratings are exceeded, which BTW is what the first 5 beeps could indicate, low battery power?

You have help here so don't panic.

Bring it on

Offline thomasamoth

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 10:19:26 AM »
Hello, tom answered me, and told me my controller is dead.

:'(

Offline skindoc4

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 01:29:12 PM »
g'day thomasamoth

You have done better than me. I have had a single reply in 4 months promising a replacement controller but nothing has ever arrived. What do you >:( >:( have to do to have Golden Motors honour its undertakings?

alex :(

Offline thomasamoth

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 09:21:45 PM »
I am disapointed alex ....
I was so exited to try my so waited e-bike ! And .... it broke with 20mn use :(
And goldenmotor can't do anything for us ... waw, what a surprise !

Offline skindoc4

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 11:01:02 AM »
I have spent $AUD1000 or thereabouts on a product which has failed.

Any reputable company would make good but apparently not Golden Motors. It's a $65 part and they don't value their reputation more than this.

I think the wider community needs to be advised that this company cannot be trusted.

I notice that the link to this forum has been removed from the home page of Golden Motors site. Are they telling us something?

Alex >:(

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 03:03:33 AM »
Have you tried calling GM directly? Their phone number is on the front page on their website at www.goldenmotor.com . Maybe that will help?

Gary