Author Topic: First Road Test 48 volt 1000 watt rear motor 28 inch wheel  (Read 5497 times)

Offline fearlessfostick

• Confirmed
First Road Test 48 volt 1000 watt rear motor 28 inch wheel
« on: April 25, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
Completed all the connections, cabled tied the loose stuff then turned on the power. I was finishing the build in the basement so when I twisted the throttle it nearly sent me into the freezer.  Previous issues  have been resolved thanks to help from forum.  The hall sensors may still be an issue but the bike runs fine in sensorless mode.
I weigh 225 and this kit flies.  I did a couple of short trips.  At full throttle you go too fast to peddle.  You also use up battery power quickly.  My combined trip was about 10klms.  When the battery power dies it dies quickly.  Cruise control is a cool feature and I am thinking about using this  with pedaling to maintain battery reserve. 
So far so good it is a fun ride!   

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: First Road Test 48 volt 1000 watt rear motor 28 inch wheel
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:15:38 AM »
How about some pictures, we all enjoy looking  ;D

Gary

Offline fearlessfostick

• Confirmed
Re: First Road Test 48 volt 1000 watt rear motor 28 inch wheel
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:18:41 PM »
The battery charger was on 220 volts which explained why I wasn't getting full power.  I found the volt selector and am now charging on 110 volts, no problem.  I have taken several rides and it is great.  I still have some adjustments such as changing the battery rack, then I will post some photos. Now if only the weather would cooperate.
Thanks