General Category > Magic Pie & Smart Pie Discussions

Programming the Vector Controller

<< < (2/14) > >>

Bikemad:
This is what I get on my Windows 7 64 bit machine:

And this is what I get on one of my XP laptops:

Have you tried rebooting your PC to see if it makes a difference?

Did either of the PCs indicate a new unrecognised USB device when you originally plugged the USB lead in, or do they not recognise anything when it's plugged in?

I have just tried plugging the USB lead into an XP PC upstairs and it could not install the device because it couldn't find a driver.
I didn't bother downloading the driver and installing it properly as I won't be using that PC for programming, but at least it recognised the USB lead.

If your PCs don't recognise the USB lead it may be a faulty cable. :(

--- Quote from: ToddMurray on August 01, 2014, 09:42:34 PM ---After a little reading about this driver, it works for chipsets CH340/CH341.
I have apparently been shipped the USB Programming Cable for Vector Controllers SKU:  VEC-USB.
Does this USB cable have this chipset?

--- End quote ---

My USB cable which was supplied specifically for the Vector controller has a five pin connector on one end and the USB plug on the other and appears to have the CH340 chipset.

Alan

ToddMurray:
I see more than five pins on my adapter. Does yours look like this?

Bikemad:
Unfortunately not, that looks like the ten pin main harness connector, my USB lead looks like this:

And this is the connector on the motor harness that it plugs into:

You don't need to unplug the main harness to connect the USB lead on my vector controllers like you had to on the earlier ones.

I have four different GM programming leads:
1) MPII
2) Early MPIII (and early Smart Pies)
3) External controller
4) Magic Pie and Smart Pie (vector controllers)

I haven't seen one like yours before, I suspect that it's for the later MPIII and Smart Pies prior to the vector controllers, unless there is more than just the one type for the vector controllers. ???

If yours is not the right lead, it might explain why you are unable to connect to the controller.

Alan

ToddMurray:
Thanks Alan. That explains it.
I will contact my Canadian dealer for the correct one.

Ron:

--- Quote from: ToddMurray on August 02, 2014, 01:18:15 AM ---Thanks Alan. That explains it.
I will contact my Canadian dealer for the correct one.

--- End quote ---
Hi Todd,
I got the same 10 pin usb cable as you.  Did you find out if you will need to get the usb cable replaced?
Thanks,
Ron.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version