Author Topic: Hi all, I just need a look over on these ebike parts and let me know if it's ok.  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Lkpo

• Confirmed
Hi all, I am looking to build a e-bike and just need some one to give the parts I wish to use a seconed look to make sure that i'm not going to run into some big problems, I am thinking of a 14s 5p 25AH 52v battery with 26650 using some 70 cells. Will all these parts work together. Thanks. Does anyone know what type of connections the Magic Pie 5 uses (from the hub motor it's self) and where to buy them as I intend to use a luna charger and it uses a xt60 connector thus I'll need to make a adaptor from one connection to the other. Thanks all.

BATTERY

(Brand Name: LiiitoKala   
Model:  Lii-50A
Type:  Li-Ion 26650
Nominal Capacity:  5000mah(4900-5000mah?
Nominal Voltage:  3.7V
Weight:  95g±1g
Rechargeable Battery:  Yes
Rechargeable Times:  Up to 500 times
internal resistance:  ?20m?
Limited Charge Voltage:  4.2v
Working Voltage:  2.75-4.2V
Size:  65.8mm x 26.8mm (Diameter)
Place of Origin:  China HongKong )

NICKEL PLATE

High quality pure Nickel strips for battery pack welding 
Thickness: 0.15mm
Width: 6mm
Length: 5M

CHARGER LUNA
Luna Charger 52V Advanced 300W Ebike Charger

BMS
14S Li-ion/Lipo/LiMn battery protection board 48v(58.8V) lithium battery pack BMS/PCM 30A continuous Discharge

HUB MOTOR AND CONVERSION KIT MAGIC PIE 5
Max phase current :80A
Continous current :30A
Open volt :20v-60v
Rated power: 500w-1000w

The Magic Pie 5 has some kind of connection that is both water proof and for a usb connection due to it having blue tooth ( from what I have seen in youtube videos of it ). The luna charger has a xt60 connector so (I needed to know what the Magic Pie 5's connector is) so I can get a connector of both place them onto a wire and then only need one discharge wire from the battery due to a independent duel connection wire that can be left in the house. Thanks for your time all the same.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Hi andto the forum.

Those 26650 cells should definitely handle the MP5 power requirements, unless they are rated for less than 6 Amps continuous current output.

A 30A BMS should also be sufficient for the MP5.

A single 6mm wide 0.15mm thick nickel strips can only efficiently carry between 4 and 6 Amps, so you will need to make sure that you use sufficient links/layers to carry the full 30 Amps load.
Check out Micah Toll's video for details on the correct construction technique to safely carry the combined maximum current.

That 5 Amp charger should be fine for those cells, but check that the rated maximum charging current of the BMS is high enough to cope with it.

Does anyone know what type of connections the Magic Pie 5 uses (from the hub motor it's self) and where to buy them as I intend to use a luna charger and it uses a xt60 connector thus I'll need to make a adaptor from one connection to the other.

If you are buying a magic Pie 5 kit without a battery, then the battery cables usually do not have a connector fitted and are just unterminated wires as shown below on the left side of the picture:

I suggest that you buy a pair of XT60 connectors (preferably the anti spark type with the built in resistor) so that either your charger lead or battery lead from the controller can then plug directly into the battery. You will also need to make sure that your BMS will function correctly when charging via the output connections, as some BMS have their own dedicated charging input terminal and charge protection circuitry.  ;)

The Magic Pie 5 has some kind of connection that is both water proof and for a usb connection due to it having blue tooth ( from what I have seen in youtube videos of it ). The luna charger has a xt60 connector so (I needed to know what the Magic Pie 5's connector is) so I can get a connector of both place them onto a wire and then only need one discharge wire from the battery due to a independent duel connection wire that can be left in the house.

The 5 pin connector shown below the battery cable in the above picture is used purely for the Bluetooth dongle, USB programming cable, or the Smart Display, and is not for charging the battery.  The battery should ideally be disconnected from the controller (or turned off via a separate battery power switch) when it is being charged.

Alan

Offline Lkpo

• Confirmed
Thank you so much for the time you put in to this and the help for it too, thanks.