Author Topic: Magic Pie III brake levers and wheel installation  (Read 3097 times)

dj.rachit

Magic Pie III brake levers and wheel installation
« on: July 18, 2013, 07:40:21 AM »
Hey everyone!

I am Rachit and I own a CCM Apex which has quick release wheels as shown in the picture. I also have included the picture of my brake levers which show how the gears are attached to them.  Just wondering if the Magic Pie 3 Kit's front wheel will be compatible to my setup? Also the brake levers will support the gears on my bike? Furthermore, what would be an ideal kit for me 24V throttle with 24V20A battery or 36V throttle with 36V12A battery? I want to go longer distances and I am happy with the speeds around 20-25 kmph. Also, I will be peddling and not just fully rely on the kit.

Thanks

Offline Chana99

• Confirmed
Re: Magic Pie III brake levers and wheel installation
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »
I recommend brake sensor like this photo. It can be used very well.

Offline Chana99

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »
Close up

dj.rachit

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 03:09:18 AM »
So I finally bought MP3 36V Twist throttle + 36V12A Battery. I also bought grip shifters to replace the EZ fire shifter and install the MP3 brake levers. Attached are the the new grip shifters. My only question is what is the size of nuts to be used while installing the wheel and are the nuts included?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic Pie III axle nut dimensions
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:48 PM »
The nuts are supplied with the motor kit and measure 21mm across the flats, the thread is 14mm and the pitch should be 1.5mm.

Alan