Author Topic: alternate controller case  (Read 4859 times)

Offline trumpetbum

alternate controller case
« on: June 09, 2010, 11:23:08 PM »
anyone have suggestions for an alternate external controller case.. one that can go on top of the battery perhaps??

the GM one, I find, is way too small... and hanging under the battery it's too close to the wheel, especially with suspension

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: alternate controller case
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:31:50 AM »
I used a triangle bag on my Schwinn Hybrid 8)

Gary

Offline oldbiker

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:53:51 AM »
Hi,
A plastic food storage box from the grocery store. All sorts of sizes, and thicknesses.
Paint it the color you wish.

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 11:59:32 PM »
Hey have a squiz on ebay for "DIY Electronics Enclosure" or "Electronics box" etc. You will find tons including cheap as aluminium for around $10 delivered. I bought one that fits great under the rack but I use mine for voltage regulators etc. I have a smaller wheel and heaps of room under my rack so you might want to find something slimmer...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Aluminum-Project-Box-Enclosure-Case-Electronic-DIY-/350363000770?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5193431fc2

I think you will find the GM Controller box for RAK-001 is designed for Magic Pie to house the horn. Not for an external controller

"If you already have your own rack, or you only need the controller housing solution. - ABS plastic, smooth black finish, designed for the horn, to fit the rack, to shelter itself under the rack.
- Easy to install, comes without holes. Compatible with GM Magic Controller. "

Cheers

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:40:21 PM »

I think you will find the GM Controller box for RAK-001 is designed for Magic Pie to house the horn. Not for an external controller

Actually I have two bikes with the external controllers in the controller box under the rack. I admit it is tight getting it all in there but mine do work well.

Gary

P.S. Yet another cheap excuse to post a picture of my Bike :)