Author Topic: New version of program for usb programming interface?  (Read 16627 times)

Offline Lu.Sochr

• Confirmed
New version of program for usb programming interface?
« on: July 24, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
Hi Guys,

I wanted to change some settings in my external magic controller and when I downloaded needed program from goldenmotor, I noticed that there is new version of it and there is new setting called "acceleration". I included printscreen.

Any clue what this setting does?
Mongoose Salvo Sport 2012 with 901 Pro Kit and 36V15Ah LiFePo4

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: New version of program for usb programming interface?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:18 AM »

Hi Lubos,

I think the acceleration function controls how quickly the motor responds to the throttle movement to produce a softer/smoother acceleration.

Where did download the V1.1 software from? I just checked the GM site and all the links I found were for the earlier V1.0. ???

Alan

Offline Lu.Sochr

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Hi Alan,

thanks for your reply. So if I understood this right, it should control throttle delay right?

If I downloaded 1.0 version from goldenmotor.com I noticed there is column called "RPM" on place instead of "acceleration" I suppose it would mean the same thing right?

I downloaded 1.1 version from our czech vendor webpages, here is the link: http://www.e-pohon.cz/fotky4744/fotov/_ps_72Magic_controller_USB_soft.zip

I thought they would have this version directly from goldenmotor.com, but it seems they do not!

My previous old version did not have setting "acceleration" nor "RPM" at all.
Mongoose Salvo Sport 2012 with 901 Pro Kit and 36V15Ah LiFePo4

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
Thanks for that link, the updated program seems to be a lot less temperamental than the previous version.
I'll try programming my MPIII with this latest program when I get some spare time to see what difference the settings make.

I also noticed there are a couple of other new settings too; motor direction and sound.
This would make it a lot easier to reverse the motor direction for certain applications, and it might also be an easy solution to stop the beeping in reverse that Myrek experienced.

I wonder why GM have not updated the software download on their site? ???

Alan

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:42:12 PM by Bikemad »