Author Topic: I borrowed a Garmin today  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
I borrowed a Garmin today
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »
I borrowed a portable GPS today, and took a quick ride in my Morgen.   The battery was showing 50 Volts, (I want to see where it cuts out) and I got up to 23 MPH!  After  I find out what the cutout voltage is I'll use it to monitor the distance I can go on a fresh charge as well as finding out what the top speed is.

I am just super pleased.  :)

I have previously said I wasn't really happy with the brakes, (mechanical bike discs), and I last week I found a vendor of ATV parts that had a two caliper hydraulic system , with a 4 mm thick  200mm rotor diameter that mounts to a  common 6 bolt bike hub.  The whole setup cost less than I paid for the bike brakes!  I received it yesterday, and I'm gong to have to design and build  new uprights, but this thing is going to stop like my Lotuses!  Oh, the master cylinder even includes a brake switch and a parking brake function!  Did I mention it cost  less than the bikes brakes I'm using right now.

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: I borrowed a Garmin today
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »
I went out for a while this afternoon, and got up to 24MPH.  I also got reminded that trikes are treacherous.   I've slowly been going faster as I accumulate test milage and get more confidence.  I think I may have found a "too fast"  point.  I managed to get up on two wheels.......

49 Volts and still no battery shutdown.  :)

TTFN,
Dennis