Author Topic: My cruise controller crapped out for my front motor.. Replacement maybe?  (Read 5710 times)

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
I have two of the cruise controllers...
I have two motors (the same motors)
The front controller all of a sudden doesn't work.
The throttle has no effect, the cruise button doesn't give half power, when riding there is ALOT OF RESISTANCE..
I hook up the rear controller to the front motor and everything works fine!
So I don't need someone asking me any questions as to see if there is a wiring issue, because there is NONE!
With the rear controller on the front wheel and ALL of the front wheels connections, the motor runs fine, when I put the front controller on the rear wheel same thing happens as it does to the front (resistance and not throttle)

So ultimately, the "front controller" is DEAD AND NOT WORKING!

Can I PLEASE get a REPLACEMENT AND I DON'T WANT TO BE CHARGED FOR A NEE ONE, (I'll pay for the shipping tho!)

HELP!!

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Hi Sangesf

Unfortunatly posting in the forum gets little response from GM as they don't read it. You will have to either contact who you bought it from or send an email to tom@goldenmotor.com

How long did you have it?
Gary

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Once again Gary, you prove you care about the little guys :)...legend

Note to all .....buy from canada...period
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Hi Sangesf

Unfortunatly posting in the forum gets little response from GM as they don't read it. You will have to either contact who you bought it from or send an email to tom@goldenmotor.com

How long did you have it?
Gary

Actually, it's a replacement one YOU sent me (via an ok from tom) a while back. (don't remember exactly when)

These controllers have a habit of braking after some usage..
(this would be the THIRD controller to go bad on me in the past two years)
The controller(s) have been used on different motors and different wirings and failed at different times after being in use for a while and then one day out of the blue, BLAM! stops working and I'm stuck again with using a basic bldc controller

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
One I sent? Did you buy it from me or did I just help get you a replacement. If you did buy it from me send me an email with your name and ill look you up.

garysalo@goldenmotor.ca

Gary

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
One I sent? Did you buy it from me or did I just help get you a replacement. If you did buy it from me send me an email with your name and ill look you up.

garysalo@goldenmotor.ca

Gary
You helped me get a replacement from GM china, but I believe you shipped it to me..
I'll PM you my info.

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
And NOW on my second controller that was working perfectly...  All of a sudden, regen stopped working...
Throttle works, cruise control works, brakes cut off throttle and/or cruise, but no regen...  WTF?!?!?

Btw, the front controller that crapped out is a version 2 magic controller that the "keylock/alarm" never worked.   (I.e. With or without the 'g' wire connected, the motor ran, so I could never set the alarm..)