Author Topic: Dual Mini 700 c. It Begins! I can't sit on my hands anylonger!!  (Read 37801 times)

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Dual Mini 700 c. It Begins! I can't sit on my hands anylonger!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »

Hi Gary,

Congrats on the wheel build!  ;D

I would love the free wheel ability of the mini motors. It will be interesting to know what speed you get and the hill climbing abilities!

Does anyone know how a single mini motor pulls up hills? and at what voltage and current? My mother is actually interested in motorizing her bike after months of telling me I'm going to kill myself!  ;D   She doesn't want more than id say 15 mph but decent pull up hills would be good.

Mark

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 03:59:44 AM »

Hi Gary,

Congrats on the wheel build!  ;D

I would love the free wheel ability of the mini motors. It will be interesting to know what speed you get and the hill climbing abilities!

Does anyone know how a single mini motor pulls up hills? and at what voltage and current? My mother is actually interested in motorizing her bike after months of telling me I'm going to kill myself!  ;D   She doesn't want more than id say 15 mph but decent pull up hills would be good.

Mark

Thank you I watched this guy it was very simple to follow and the results were very good. I recomend anyone try it. If I ever really want to fix a wheel right in the future, I'll loosen all the spokes first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOI3uBztvHc&feature=related

I'm sure you realize these motors certainly would not last without peddling on hills and take off. There are plastic gears and the torque vs weight would wear them down. I guess I'm am a good test subject as a heavy rider to see what they can handle.

Gary
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:02:06 AM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:05 AM »
keep the video reviews coming, all we need now are some CA stats :) you're doing an awesome job!

Bespoke bags and covers, oh yes! There's nothing quite like a tailor made bike 8)

Canada does look really dark and chilly this time of year.

Not sure when the next stats will come, kinda busy for a week or two. Stats are great! You know I hear they have these watches that...

Yes not much looks colder then a snowbank in the dark. Going above zero here for a few days. It's coming, I feel it, summer!!. Still to dangerous for rides to work though. Wet above zero with all the melting and ice when its below zero.

Gary

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 07:26:13 AM »
i must admit i'm impressed with your wheel lacing. I took one look at a three part YouTube tutorial and then drove straight to a local bike store  :D

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »
Just checked the weather, 10c on friday! WooHoo! looks a good solid test ride is coming up!

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
What Ebike?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »
More Progress!

Still some minor wire cleanup to go but things are coming together nicely. Still have to get all those wires at the fron to the same length and wrap them in the curly wire wrap. Also going to get a nice schwinn rack bag and cut the bottom ope so I can pull it down over the battery. Should make it invisable. If only the snow would go away so I can take it out without getting it dirty!

What Ebike? I don't see one?

Here is a link to a freewheeling video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDNE0Pc-b_o

I have another video I will add shorty.

Gary

Gary
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:58:12 PM by GM Canada »

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
Nice and tidy setup ;)  Are the controllers in the frame bag?

Get us some performance stats as soon as you can.  I will be looking into getting a mini dual kit some time soon.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:58:41 PM by Andrew »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »
The triangle frame bag has one controller and all the access wire coiled up from the brake lever, throttle and buttons. It packed pretty tight but fits. The second controller is in the bag under the seat. Plenty of room there. Once again I am amazed at how quickly it is to wire up a dual drive. I have everything wired pemanenty now with cruise, brakelever and throttle wires all split. I even wired up the horn and the lights. I have a pedelec on this bike as well and plugged it into one controller. I just realized I will still have to split that for it to work properly. Sheesh just when you think your done! All the holes in the bags I have cut will be hot glued shut when I finalize the wiring clean up. I am really liking this bike now. Its kind of like when you buy a new car. When your not driving it you park it in the driveway and sit there with a few refreshments and just admire it :)

WooHoo!! ;D ;D

I was going to ride it but we just got a few more inches of snow and the streets are covered with wet "snirt". I don't want to get it all muzzy.

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
What Ebike?
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
Heres a walkaround video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8AlUYfWf6o

Gary

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »
nice looking frame you have there. I can tell from the walk around how pleased you are with the neatness of the build :)  It's important to me how integrated the kit is on a bike. It should be part of the bike not something attached to the bike ,,, if that makes sense?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:50:32 PM by Andrew »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
Thanks for that. I have always liked this bike I have had it a long time. I actuallly had 5700 miles on it with pure pedal power before I converted it with a 48v1000w GM kit. You can see how it looked back at the beginning of this thread. It was my first ebike build. Then I put about 800 more miles on it before I switched to my joy-ebike. This bike sat pretty much unused (except for the occasional test run) while my Joy-eBike morphed from a 500 watt HBS to a 1000 watt HBS, then to a Magic Pie, then Dual Pie, then to the dual pie, dual battery, dual Cycle Analyst and even dual headlight with trailor. Seems like this one sat there quietly waiting for me to come back to it. Now I have a rebuilt it to this. Seems I have two opposite ends of the rainbow now in my two dual drive bikes.

I kind of like the sound of that My "Two Dual Drive Bikes"

Gary

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »
Awesome !!!!!!!

That dualini bike (dualini = dual mini motor hehe) looks a treat!!

Actually it gave me an idea..... Of a big wheel build bike for top speed, say 28" wheels, dual mini motor and my cyclone kit on 21 speed should be a good one to do.

Haha do you like that name "The Dualini"  = dual mini motors :D

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 03:05:02 AM »
The GolSchwinn Dualini Stealth!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:17:39 AM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Fast Minis!
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 03:08:57 AM »
Still no hard Data, but they do seem fast!

A little peddling at take off then the rest the mini's are haulin azz!

Gary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPGfnfXS9Y

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 04:02:48 AM »
WOW !!!!!

I love that bike, shweeeet work Gary!
Do you run wide tyres with the cracks in the road? ;)

Good to see the weather is clearing up too