Author Topic: 48 Volt 10 Amp Hour LiFePO4 Aluminum Cased Battery with Keyswitch and 3A Charger  (Read 5756 times)

Offline BobJ

• Confirmed
HI there. I am shopping for an appropriate battery for my HS3540 (1000w) with 25A controller. Need a 48v battery, according to Grin. I see this one (as in title) on goldenmotor.ca (out of stock at the moment). There are no detailed specs on it re C rating, weight, and many other factors that will help me decide if it's appropriate or not. Can anyone help?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic

Hi Bob andto the forum.

Have you tried contacting Gary at GM Canada to see if he has more information regarding the availability of these as he probably has these on order.

I can find exact details on that particular pack but I did find some details of the sixteen 10Ah cells within it:

As your motor only has a 25A controller, this battery should be fine. The cells are capable of 30 Amp continuous and 50 Amp peak, but I suspect that the BMS current limits may be set slightly lower.

Alan

Offline BobJ

• Confirmed
Very useful. Thanks, Alan. Yes, Gary has these on back order. I'm asking for info here as he discourages questions that may be answerable through independent research  :)

Offline BobJ

• Confirmed
I have run this one through the Grin simulator and it only gives me 18km range. Even the 12Ah gives only 22km. The 15Ah gives a better range of 28km, but it's 8.5 kg! I wish there was a reliable alternative Li-ion 3rd gen available here in Canada that is as "affordable" as these are. I am not going to risk buying direct from China again (except for Ping who doesn't have anything suitable for my system). My Conhismotor 36v 15ah has just packed it in after 60 to 80 recharges (<2 yrs).

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
I have run this one through the Grin simulator and it only gives me 18km range. Even the 12Ah gives only 22km. The 15Ah gives a better range of 28km, but it's 8.5 kg!

Bob, try entering the same settings into this simulator and see how the results compare.

Alan

Offline BobJ

• Confirmed
Whoa. That's a huge difference. It seems you already set the parameters for me, Alan? :-) I presumed your (for me unknown) parameters are correct, as I'd have no idea myself. I wonder why there is such a big discrepancy (?)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
I also don't find the grin simulator to be accurate for real world situations. I regularly get 32 kilometers from my 48v15ah battery with power to spare. And that is pulling a heavy load (me) and a trailer to work each day.

Gary