Author Topic: buying advice  (Read 2833 times)

Offline edwilson62

• Confirmed
buying advice
« on: September 03, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »
I have a 48v 20ah ping battery.  First experience with an ebay 48v hub motor was a disappointment.  I have been following this forum and am trying to decide on the 901 the Magic Pie II or whether to wait for spring and see the Magic Pie III (hopefully). Speed and reliability are my top priorities.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Ed.

Offline edwilson62

• Confirmed
Re: buying advice
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 08:56:55 PM »
Really hoping that I can get some advice here on my next purchase - Magic Pie II - pro 901 or wait for the pie III.  I have not had any uptake on the question yet - am I posting in the wrong section?

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:57:29 PM »
Unfortunately you are asking is if you should wait
for a product in the future or buy one now.

That kind of answer will plague every one of us
till we decide cremation or entombment.

Without knowing the machine you are using
and your expectations we can't begin to guess.

Offline edwilson62

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:30:22 PM »
The current setup I have is a 1000w rear hub motor that I purchased off ebay (48V) and it came from California.  Ran great for 4 weeks and would reach speeds of 48km/h on the flat.  The controller soon burned out and I replaced this $60 but the motor does not work as it did - it will do 30 km/h but cuts out (only for seconds) under acceleration.  I have a 48V 20 Ah ping battery.  I have just tested a used commercial ebike that I could get for $500 and it goes 32 km/h (a little more if you believe the speedometer) with a big lead acid battery.  I think with my battery I could perhaps get some additional speed out of it.  I am trying to figure out if I should go that route or go the Magic pie route.  I am not interersted in a dual motor setup - more than I want to spend - but I want a little more than 30km/h and so I am looking for advice.  Any an all advice is appreciated at this point.  I saw the posting about the Magic Pie III on the Greek site but there has been no more traffic on that thread.