Author Topic: Super G's New Project  (Read 24826 times)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Super G's New Project
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 01:48:10 AM »
More progress..

I think I like it better without the rear rack

Placed the batteries in the trailor

I adjusted the fork tubes as suggested By Alan

I move my cruise/horn button to the top of the left side upright bar. Much better location and it freed up a bit of room beside the 'refreshment holder. Also added some cushy grips on the uprights.

Added four Torque Arms

Went for a great ride and burned up some amps

One front MP external and one Rear MP internal. Both at default settings of 24 volts and 100 percent regen. Set and saved with the USB.

I feel like I am going into orbit sometimes :)
Gary
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:50:05 AM by GM Canada »

Offline rollin76

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »
Nice bike! I bet you can fly over all the bump in the road that you were slowing down for in your videos with the dual mini motors.Was your wheel centered?Or did you have to add washers and spread fork out a little?I have the same shocks off supercycle hoolagan and wheel was off center 7mm.I tried adding washers but shock were binding and would not compress fully so I cut off drop outs and am making new ones with disk brake and torque arm mounts.Will weld back on with wheel centered.

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »
Gary I'm jealous lol thats such a nice clean ride

Hey with the batteries, do you have 2 going to each? You would have mega range with that thing like 100kms plus people would be wondering how this bloke is rocketing around from a yellow trailor haha and sipping a coffee!!

anyways I like the blue its got a canadian thing to it too I reckon lol

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:53 PM »
Nice bike! I bet you can fly over all the bump in the road that you were slowing down for in your videos with the dual mini motors.Was your wheel centered?Or did you have to add washers and spread fork out a little?I have the same shocks off supercycle hoolagan and wheel was off center 7mm.I tried adding washers but shock were binding and would not compress fully so I cut off drop outs and am making new ones with disk brake and torque arm mounts.Will weld back on with wheel centered.

Holy Smokes, are you sure you capable of doing this?  :o

Thanks for the comments on the bike. I think I am getting better at this. I am very proud of my last two builds! ;D

The bumps are smoother but now "Bob" is airborne alot of the time! :o

Gary
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:02:17 PM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »
Gary I'm jealous lol thats such a nice clean ride

Hey with the batteries, do you have 2 going to each? You would have mega range with that thing like 100kms plus people would be wondering how this bloke is rocketing around from a yellow trailor haha and sipping a coffee!!

anyways I like the blue its got a canadian thing to it too I reckon lol

Thank you for that.

The batteries are just old 48v12ah batteries that are done. But if you hook them all together it is heavy but lots of power. They will have to do until I get my lifePO4 48v20. Using rollins a few times was a real teaser. I figured once you saw that picture you would jump out the nearest window! :o

Gary