Author Topic: Possible future improvements for Magic Pie  (Read 3911 times)

Offline jonoscruzin

Possible future improvements for Magic Pie
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:20:50 AM »
Hello Yao & Tom,

I have only recently purchased and fitted one of these kits.

Golden Motor deserves a complement for the overall design and performance of this system, though I do feel that the product is 90% there. The Battery and motor requires the following improvements to make it 100%

1 The lithium pack end caps and switch do not have an environmental seal, therefore water is able to enter the battery. Rubber gaskets and a splash proof keylock would fix this.

2 There isn't a main system fuse, 48v 12ah is a lot of energy if there is a catastrophic malfunction. An in-line auto spade fuse holder (with waterproof cap) spliced in the main power feed to the motor would be a solution.

3 Does the motor have any environmental (water) seals including the cable entry point ? if not this needs to be added.

4 Please check your wiring colours, mine didn't match your online diagram. Luckily some plugs had stickers still attached.

5 Learn to reply to emails sent to Golden Motor. It is VERY BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE not to reply to emails. I had sent three and not a single reply. This was VERY fustrating .

Just my thoughts

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Possible future improvements for Magic Pie
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
Always nice to hear a happy customer.

I don't understand why GM China doesnt answer there mail either. It is silly. I can't help you there.

I do however like your suggestions except one. I don't think you can Air tight a motor as it would cause problems. Having a sealed chamber that heats up and cools would create it's own condensation. I think they need to breathe.

Gary

Offline Perbear

• Technical Officer
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:29:43 PM »
All hard disks have a hole with a permeable membrane that can breathe air for pressure equalization but does not let water in. It is a kind of Gore-tex (expanded PTFE).

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »
All hard disks have a hole with a permeable membrane that can breathe air for pressure equalization but does not let water in. It is a kind of Gore-tex (expanded PTFE).

Sorry mate but LMAO
Amphibious Magic Pies huh? What will they think of next :D

Rain is fine, just don't submerge it!