Author Topic: Change the wire of my Magic Pie  (Read 4031 times)

Offline CamiloChile

• Confirmed
Change the wire of my Magic Pie
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:48 AM »
boys, I need change the wire of my Magic Pie, turning a cable was cut and produced a circuit court.
how I can change? is easy?
the Magic Pie have internal controller.

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
Re: Change the wire of my Magic Pie
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
You have also circled a wire clip ring that holds the cover on.
You'll need to take the cover off to get at the controller.

Online Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Changing the wiring harness on the Magic Pie
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »
Hi CamiloChile, sorry I haven't reply before but I've been busy with other things.

Basically, you will need to remove both sided covers to gain the necessary access to replace the cable, but the stator assembly can be left in place in the center of the wheel.
Check out this post which explains how to remove the covers.
If it's a rear wheel, the R/H cover will come off complete with the freewheel, so there's no need to remove the freewheel first.

There are also some nice pictures in Magzy's wheel bearing replacement article which you may find useful.

Because yours has the internal controller, you will need to unsolder all the motor harness wires that are connected to the controller (The two thick battery cables and eight small wires ringed in yellow on the attached photo, but make sure you know where they all come from so that you can put the new ones back in their correct positions.

Remove any other clips or tie-wraps etc. as required so that you can pull the wiring through the small channel in the axle which runs under the L/H bearing. If the harness is not going to be reused, it might be easier to cut it off as near to the bearing as possible so there's less to pull through.

If the bearing will come off easily, remove it and then use a small file or sandpaper to remove any sharp edges from the machined slot to ensure your new cable does not become damaged.
When everything is nice and smooth, refit the bearing and then carefully thread the new cable through the slot as far as it needs to go to be secured in the same position as the old one was. Some washing up liquid may be required to help the wires slip through the tight gap more easily.

Carefully solder the wires onto the circuit board, ensuring they are secure and in the right place. ;)

Make sure the wiring cannot rub against any moving parts and then refit the side covers making sure they are seated correctly and that the axle turns easily without and rubbing noises (use a 10mm spanner on the flats of the axle if it's too tight for your fingers to turn it).

Then all you need to do is refit it to your bike and try it out.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:12:10 PM by Bikemad »

Offline CamiloChile

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 09:19:45 PM »
Dear Bikemad, Thanks for your help, but now I have another query. I managed to uncover the engine, but the cables that this have are 9 from the plug to the controller. In the controller there are eight soldiers and a cable is cut, as are all your pictures show, but apparently there is a surplus.
That measure need to buy to change the cable?
some special care to change the cable?
Again I thank you for your help. was very useful

Online Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 02:07:37 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for, but here's a diagram showing the original Magic Pie connections if it helps:

Click image to view full size

The yellow wire (shown as "Not Used") was not connected to the controllers on the early Magic Pies, but subsequent Pies had the yellow wire connected for reverse, and the later Pies now use the yellow wire for changing the parameters of the controller in conjunction with the USB interface cable and software.

Perhaps you can post some pictures of your wiring for us to see the problem.

Alan

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:27:37 AM by Bikemad »

Offline meeeee

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
I just had the same problem with 2 mp motors .
The milled chanel is razer sharp golden motors must fix this problem  >:( !!!!

Offline meeeee

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 03:07:59 AM »
Helllllo Golden motors Are you Going to take responsibility for there bad work ????? ??? ???