Author Topic: Eggrider Question  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Chuy

• Confirmed
Eggrider Question
« on: January 06, 2024, 04:08:15 AM »
Howdy, new member here. I bought an Eggrider V2 from Goldenmotor and it has been great overall. My one issue is correcting the odometer reading so it displays correctly without having to adjust it using the Odo Offset in advance settings. The manual states updating the wheel size setting corrects the speed. I don't see what setting corrects the odometer. It shows less miles than I am actually covering, per two gps apps on my phone.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Eggrider Question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 04:49:38 PM »
Hi Chuy andto the forum.

I don't have any experience with the EggRider display but I would expect the speed and odometer readings to both be effected equally by the wheel size/circumference settings.
As your mileage is reading too low, I suggest that you try increasing the wheel size/circumference until the speed and odometer readings matches the GPS speed and distance figures.

To measure your tyre's actual circumference do the following;
Make a chalk line on the ground and place your front wheel with the valve stem at the bottom of the wheel directly above the chalk line.
Roll the bike forward in a straight line one complete wheel revolution until the valve stem is again at the bottom of the wheel.

Make another chalk line directly below the valve and then measure the distance between the two chalk lines in mm.
(if you don't have a metric tape measure you can convert inches to mm by multiplying them by 25.4.)
Make sure that you measure the same wheel that the speed sensor is attached to.  ;)

If entering the correct circumference does not cure the problem (i.e. the speed reads correctly compared to the GPS figures but the odometer does not) then you would need to enter the required offset value into the "ODO Offset" field to correct the odometer readings (make sure you also click the "Write" button to save it).

Example: If a 10 mile trip shows only 9.2 miles on the odometer, try entering an ODO offset value of 1.087 (10/9.2) and see if it sorts the odometer readings.
If this offset makes the odometer reading even lower, try entering a value of 0.92 instead (9.2/10).

Please let us know how you get on.

Alan

Offline Chuy

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 09:58:49 PM »
I did that first, my measurement is 2045. I’ve changed it up to 2065 and have not noticed a change in odometer readout. It has corrected speed reading. I will try larger increments.

Offline Chuy

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 01:20:48 AM »
Figured it out. The Eggrider is off by a hundred. I changed the circumference value from 2045 to 2145 and the odometer reading is spot-on with my gps. Afterwards I took a new reading to see if maybe I counted wrong; nope, I got 2040mm, or 80.25”.