Author Topic: Loss of Smart Pie 3 Programming  (Read 2362 times)

Offline TerryNZ

• Confirmed
Loss of Smart Pie 3 Programming
« on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
Hi,
I was experimenting with different levels of regenerative braking with the motor stationary and full speed under no-load.
I had tried 20% and 40 % and tested OK. I set the new level to 60% but was then unable to store or 'talk' to the controller.
I get a success acknowledgement and beep each time I reconnect the USB cable and go through the connection procedure again and clicking Connect, but nothing else, no Get Config, or Disconnect acknowledgement or beep, only Connect. (also tried on another PC).
The controller is functioning fine and still working as before I lost the programming facility. The regenerative braking is also working and I assume the level is still at 40%.
The Voltage is set at 48v and using a 48V battery.
At the time I had the continuous current set fairly low at 6A, and the max at 14A, as I had tried other setting changes before the regenerative braking, so not sure if there was a conflict there.
I was wondering if there was maybe a 'hard' reset facility on the controller itself? I was thinking of a maybe a couple of pins sticking out of the epoxy coating or something like that,
If not does anybody have any ideas?  Thanks.