Author Topic: Hall sensor problem  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Crystaljohn

• Confirmed
Hall sensor problem
« on: January 26, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »
HI I am trying to put a new post on this forum but can't find out how to do it, I would appreciate any help you can give me.

I have an old ebike, a 'Powabike Salisbury,' which suddenly stopped working. I bought a new controller for it as it was recommended on the Pedelecs.co.uk forum.
My problem after installation of the new controller is the L.C.D is reporting an 03 error code which means there is an issue with Hall sensors.
I have checked the hall sensors with a multimeter and can see that the voltage on one of the sensors is not switching completely off, so I need to install new hall sensors, but I have no idea how to obtain the specification of the sensors to enable me to start searching for replacements.
Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.
Joh.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Hall sensor problem
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 09:55:03 PM »
Hi John andto the forum, your account has been confirmed so you should now be able to reply to existing topics and/or post new ones on the forum.

I don't know which motor is fitted to your bike, but most BLDC hubmotors tend to use very similar Hall sensors, and Honeywell SS41 Hall sensors are commonly used as replacements when the original Hall sensors fail.

It probably won't make any noticeable difference, but I recommend replacing all three sensors (rather than just the one that has failed) to ensure their switching operation remains consistent on all three phases.

Alan